Welcome to 911UK
The only place for Porsche, 911uk is the definitive enthusiast and resource site for the Porsche 911.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so join up today for full access to the site and benefit from latest member offers.

Porsche Classifieds
Sell Your Porsche on 911uk
Create a Free Classified Advert
Search Ads
Classified Adverts FAQ
Trade Classified Information
Buyer & Seller Fraud Protection
Consumer Rights Act
Pre Purchase Inspection (PPI)
Porsche Car Sourcing
Porsche Cars Wanted
Official Porsche Centre Reviews
Model
Stock
Porsche 911
991 : 2011- 15
992 : 2019- 0
997 : 2004- 66
996 : 1997-2005 30
993 : 1993-1998 5
964 : 1989-1993 2
Carrera 3.2 : 1983-1989 2
Carrera SC : 1977-1983 1
930 Turbo : 1975-1989 0
Early 911 : 1964-1977 0
Porsche Other Models
Classic : 1950-1965 0
Boxster : 1997- 20
Cayman : 2005- 13
Cayenne : 2003- 2
Macan : 2014- 2
Panamera : 2009- 1
912-914-924-928-944-968 1
959 - CarreraGT - RaceCar 0
Car Parts For Sale & Wanted
Other Items For Sale & Wanted
Wheels Tyres For Sale & Wanted
Number Plates For Sale Wanted

Porsche Services
Porsche Body Shop Repair
Paint Protection & Wrapping
Porsche Classic Insurance
Porsche Classic Parts
Porsche Classic Restoration
Porsche Design Collection
Porsche Engine Gearbox Rebuild
Porsche Heritage & History
Porsche News
Porsche Picture Gallery
Win a New Porsche 911

Porsche Parts
Body Parts, Body Styling
Brakes, Clearance
Electrical, Exhausts
Engine Cooling, Engine Electrical
Engine Rebuild, Heating Cooling
Interior Incar, Lighting
Rubber Seals, Service Parts
Steering, Suspension
Transmission, Workshop Tools
Early 911, 911 - 930, 928 - 968
964 - 993, 996 - 997, Boxster
Cayman, Cayenne, Panamera

Porsche Model Range
911 [992] 2018-Current
Porsche 911 [992]
911 [991] 2011-2019
Porsche 911 [991]
911 [997] 2004-2012
Porsche 911 [997]
911 [GT] GT1-GT2-GT3
Porsche 911 [GT]
911 [996] 1997-2005
Porsche 911 [996]
911 [993] 1993-1998
Porsche 911 [993]
911 [RS] RS-RSR
Porsche 911 [RS]
911 [964] 1989-1993
Porsche 911 [964]
911 3.2 1983-1989
Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera
911 SC 1977-1983
Porsche 911 SC
911 [Early] 1964-1977
Porsche 911 [Early]
Boxster & Cayman
Porsche Boxster & Cayman
Cayenne & Panamera
Porsche Cayenne & Panamera

911uk Site Partners

Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
adamw
Estoril


Joined: 09 Jul 2009
Posts: 3846
Location: West Sussex

2002 Porsche 996 Turbo

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very nice looking and tastefully “customised” 997.1 you have there Rob!
A true credit to you.
Really like that Thumb
_________________
02' 996 Turbo Manual Coupe, Seal Grey

EX : 95' 993 C4 Coupe ( Dec 10 - Oct 16 )
EX : 00' 996 C2 Cab ( Jul 09 - Oct 10 )
EX : 03' 986 Boxster S ( May 06 - Dec 08 )
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
T8
General
General


Joined: 29 Jun 2010
Posts: 15768
Location: Kent


PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adamw wrote:
A very nice looking and tastefully “customised” 997.1 you have there Rob!
A true credit to you.
Really like that Thumb


Agree

Looks great in the pics. Looked even better at Donington yesterday. Thumb
_________________
2007 Guards Red 997 Turbo Tiptronic
ex 2004 Polar Silver 996T Tiptronic
ex 2002 Seal Grey 996.2 C4 Tiptronic
ex 1978 Silver 924 Manual
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
rob_p
Österreich


Joined: 20 Oct 2013
Posts: 967
Location: Leicester


PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

T8 wrote:
adamw wrote:
A very nice looking and tastefully “customised” 997.1 you have there Rob!
A true credit to you.
Really like that Thumb


Agree

Looks great in the pics. Looked even better at Donington yesterday. Thumb


Thanks Terry. Nice to meet you yesterday.
_________________
991.1 C2 (no mods, yet)
997.1 C2 (full Hartech rebuild, Ohlins coilovers, ducktail, plus some other bits)
Jeep Grand Cherokee WK2
Ex Audi A8 V8 4.2tdi (best all round car I will ever own?)
Ex Porsche Boxster 986
Ex Mazda MX5 mk1
Plus some other stuff that wasn't very interesting....
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
MaxA
Albert Park


Joined: 11 Oct 2015
Posts: 1560
Location: Helsinki


PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rob_p wrote:
Thanks. The car is set to "porsche performance" ride height which is 10mm lower than pasm as I recall. The work was done by centre gravity when i had the ohlins installed. I am more concerned by ride comfort and I wouldn't want it any lower.
I did have some spacers fitted pre the new wheels - I though these sat just fine (the fronts are a touch wide I think).


Tell me I'm wrong but if the Öhlins are height and damping adjustable, could you not lower them without compromising ride comfort? Even if it is a bit of a PITA...

That being said, this is a lovely car. Really well thought out.
_________________
997.2 Carrera4S: white over blue, driven and tracked, seldom clean.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
rob_p
Österreich


Joined: 20 Oct 2013
Posts: 967
Location: Leicester


PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaxA wrote:
rob_p wrote:
Thanks. The car is set to "porsche performance" ride height which is 10mm lower than pasm as I recall. The work was done by centre gravity when i had the ohlins installed. I am more concerned by ride comfort and I wouldn't want it any lower.
I did have some spacers fitted pre the new wheels - I though these sat just fine (the fronts are a touch wide I think).


Tell me I'm wrong but if the Öhlins are height and damping adjustable, could you not lower them without compromising ride comfort? Even if it is a bit of a PITA...

That being said, this is a lovely car. Really well thought out.


I am no expert on this stuff (which I why I got centre gravity to sort it out) but I would think the lower it is the less suspension travel is left and therefore the more the ride comfort is compromised. Per above the car is lower than standard pasm and the shocks are set to maximum comfort (softness).
Someone will probably be along to give a more technical explanation.....

As an aside, both of the major jobs on this car (engine and suspension) have given me huge confidence in the car - just being able to drive it without worrying about stuff going wrong.
_________________
991.1 C2 (no mods, yet)
997.1 C2 (full Hartech rebuild, Ohlins coilovers, ducktail, plus some other bits)
Jeep Grand Cherokee WK2
Ex Audi A8 V8 4.2tdi (best all round car I will ever own?)
Ex Porsche Boxster 986
Ex Mazda MX5 mk1
Plus some other stuff that wasn't very interesting....
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
MaxA
Albert Park


Joined: 11 Oct 2015
Posts: 1560
Location: Helsinki


PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you need to compromise ride comfort if you lower the car as with Öhlins the ride height is independent from the spring tension. But it's not a quibble, there's no need to slam it and grind your way over speed bumps and such.

It seems to me that a 9971 with an engine rebuilt by Hartech and properly set up on Öhlins might just be the secret sweet spot. You might have some headroom in the budget for the choice mods like the ducktail and Fuchs rims and so on, unlike my 9972 where man maths is required to justify the mods. Grin
_________________
997.2 Carrera4S: white over blue, driven and tracked, seldom clean.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
ninenineseven
Trainee


Joined: 24 Apr 2018
Posts: 77



PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaxA wrote:
I don't think you need to compromise ride comfort if you lower the car as with Öhlins the ride height is independent from the spring tension. But it's not a quibble, there's no need to slam it and grind your way over speed bumps and such.

It seems to me that a 9971 with an engine rebuilt by Hartech and properly set up on Öhlins might just be the secret sweet spot. You might have some headroom in the budget for the choice mods like the ducktail and Fuchs rims and so on, unlike my 9972 where man maths is required to justify the mods. Grin


That's correct, with Öhlins you shorten the body of the damper to lower - it has no effect on ride at all...although you would need another alignment if you lowered it more so i'd leave it be if you're happy with it.

Nice looking car Thumb
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Anders_L
Newbie


Joined: 07 Jul 2018
Posts: 1



PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great thread and great looking car! I really like the mods you have done. Especially how it all goes together.

I'm in the same situation now as you where a couple of years ago. I recently purshased a 997 C2. I love the car and am looking forward to making it my own with a few mods. I am thinking suspension and a new set of wheels to start with. As it got PASM I'm probably going with Bilstein Damptroinics B16. Eventually I will get an engine rebuild, for the peace of mind and for long term. I'm intrested in what the other engine related advisories you had done where. Would you mind sharing?

Thanks.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Lordjimimac
Silverstone


Joined: 13 Jan 2016
Posts: 142
Location: Surrey


PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!
Love what you’ve done to the 997 - today I’m finally back in a 997 after 3 years in an e90 m3 and 3 years before that in a 996tt! I’m very excited about finally having an NA 997 and making it my own.

I’ve been looking at the 911design ducktail and also the induction - couple of questions for you - brill if you can help!

- what cold air kit do you use? Is it one from design911 that cuts off the resonator chamber but keeps the stock airbox?
- on the ducktail, I love the big intake grills - but what happens to the water when it rains?
- could I ask how much it was to get the ducktail sprayed?

Not sure if you’ve done this yet but the 997SSK short shift kit was amazing in my old boxster and the 996tt - I’ve ordeted one of those already for my new car - definitely one to consider if you don’t have

Big thanks, and awesome car! Inspiring!

Cheers
James

rob_p wrote:
Evening all,
Car is back from the bodyshop - very happy with it....
Next question is the carrera side script (a la '72) and the Fuchs..... Hmmm....
Thoughts welcome!







 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
rob_p
Österreich


Joined: 20 Oct 2013
Posts: 967
Location: Leicester


PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rob_p wrote:
Evening all.....

It's been a while since the last update - car has been running very well with fairly minimal running costs (just as well as I spent a small fortune in the first 2 years!).

I have been thinking about installing these Carrera side decals for a while now and this completes the "RS homage". I thought people might be interested to see what it looks like with the fuchs, ducktail and Carrera side script. I love the sport classic and the 73 RS so this is my attempt at something similar (in terms of looks at least!).













With very mixed emotions I am thinking of putting my car up for sale.
I have always fancied a targa and I have seen one that fits the bill.
I would appreciate some thoughts on what I should ask/accept.
I have personally spent £30,000 in 5 years of ownership. I don't expect to get all of that back by any stretch but I would hope that some of it would add some value....
A full hartech engine rebuild (£10.5k) and ohlins coilovers installed by centre gravity (£4K) being the main ones.
All of the visual upgrades are easily reversible if they are not to the next buyers taste. (I have all the parts).
Car has just done 80.000 miles and will need a full service later this year.
To the best of my knowledge everything else is A1.

Appreciate any thoughts on value and if by chance anyone is interested in it please PM me.

Thanks
Rob
_________________
991.1 C2 (no mods, yet)
997.1 C2 (full Hartech rebuild, Ohlins coilovers, ducktail, plus some other bits)
Jeep Grand Cherokee WK2
Ex Audi A8 V8 4.2tdi (best all round car I will ever own?)
Ex Porsche Boxster 986
Ex Mazda MX5 mk1
Plus some other stuff that wasn't very interesting....
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Lordjimimac
Silverstone


Joined: 13 Jan 2016
Posts: 142
Location: Surrey


PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

put deposit down on another last Friday and i would have bought yours in a shot Rob - shame! GLWTS

rob_p wrote:
rob_p wrote:
Evening all.....

It's been a while since the last update - car has been running very well with fairly minimal running costs (just as well as I spent a small fortune in the first 2 years!).

I have been thinking about installing these Carrera side decals for a while now and this completes the "RS homage". I thought people might be interested to see what it looks like with the fuchs, ducktail and Carrera side script. I love the sport classic and the 73 RS so this is my attempt at something similar (in terms of looks at least!).













With very mixed emotions I am thinking of putting my car up for sale.
I have always fancied a targa and I have seen one that fits the bill.
I would appreciate some thoughts on what I should ask/accept.
I have personally spent £30,000 in 5 years of ownership. I don't expect to get all of that back by any stretch but I would hope that some of it would add some value....
A full hartech engine rebuild (£10.5k) and ohlins coilovers installed by centre gravity (£4K) being the main ones.
All of the visual upgrades are easily reversible if they are not to the next buyers taste. (I have all the parts).
Car has just done 80.000 miles and will need a full service later this year.
To the best of my knowledge everything else is A1.

Appreciate any thoughts on value and if by chance anyone is interested in it please PM me.

Thanks
Rob
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
rob_p
Österreich


Joined: 20 Oct 2013
Posts: 967
Location: Leicester


PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evening all.
Having bought a 991 in November and held onto both cars since them I think it is time for me to make a proper decision and with a heavy heart I think it the 997 will have to go.
Per last post, owned by me for 6 years and LOTS of money spent - I think this qualifies as a well sorted car!

I am thinking somewhere in the region of £28k. Am I kiddingly myself or is that fair value?

If anyone is interested then feel free to PM me.
I will get an add sorted in the next few weeks but be great to see it go to a forum member.
Thanks all!
_________________
991.1 C2 (no mods, yet)
997.1 C2 (full Hartech rebuild, Ohlins coilovers, ducktail, plus some other bits)
Jeep Grand Cherokee WK2
Ex Audi A8 V8 4.2tdi (best all round car I will ever own?)
Ex Porsche Boxster 986
Ex Mazda MX5 mk1
Plus some other stuff that wasn't very interesting....
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic   All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum