Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Window wipers wont stop

Ollym

Hi All,
I am new to this club and am after some advice.
I have a 1995 993 carrera 2 cabriolet that has developed a fault since i used it last summer.
When i turn the ignition on the window wipers dont stop.
I have gone to the extent of changing the complete wiper/indicator stalk and the fault is still there.
Anyone come across this before?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

any moisture in the relay / fuse box ?

and check your electrical ground, any dirt or a loose connection would cause this, since the wiper motor always has power since it needs to be keep running after it is switched off until it reaches its parking position...

Really silly question but where is the fuse box/relay situated?

The car has been in the garage for the last 9months and not moved so would make sense if that was the case.

Thanks for the prompt reply

up front

Attachments

• 2019_08_03_22_50_42_611.jpg
    2019_08_03_22_50_42_611.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 2,541
There's a microswitch on the wiper motor assembly, that enables the wipers to always park in front of the driver.

There's also a relay in the fuse box (I can't remember which one off-hand, sorry), that some owners remove to allow the wipers to park anywhere - immediately after the stalk is turned off.

My guess is that there's something up with either this switch or relay - I'd start with the relay, as it's much easier to get to. Remove it, and check if the wipers now operate as described above...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilmslowSi
Back