Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

992 the issues

sideways

Monza
I'm really enjoying the 992 but have had more issues than with any other new car. Nothing fatal or really worrying but I'm a teeny bit disappointed.
So far:
Coolant pipe leaks after 24 hours of ownership. Fixed with 3 days and a 992 replacement for the duration.
Passenger Bose speaker failure. Replaced after 2 week wait.
Currently drivers door speaker showing same symptoms as passenger one. Suspect a replacement will be required when I get back to Blighty.
Driver door plastic trim on leading edge of window (triangular black plastic piece) has come away and appears to need replacing.
Lift system intermittently fails or show error. Needs engine restart to clear.

Nothing detracting from general use but more than 1 or 2 things going wrong is raising at lest one eyebrow🤨
OPC Guildford have been really good to date so it's not been all bad!

i have heard of more new 992 build quality issues then what was seen on the 991

deMort said:
I posted a bit about it here .. scroll through to the second page as well .

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=135054
Cheers deMort, I saw your post. I was hoping my initial 2 problems were unlucky.
Early adopter syndrome 😀
So long as it doesn't become like an early 90s XJS.....

I'm sorry to say .. this is the same as previous launches .. the downside these days is the cars are far more complicated and so you don't get just one or two faults but many .

They will ALL be fixed in time but as i said.. development , altering software takes time ... i can see it from the Porsche side .. and from yours .. but to be fair .. it's the usual rushed launch i feel and the customers suffer .

lets see .. how much was Porsche fined recently .. bad practise is bad practise im guessing ..

:dont know:

...profit is king sadly...this myopic motivation leaves little room for quality control, delivery delay or customer consideration...the priorities become perversely distorted...

The capitalist machine has never been more concentrated...in Porsche and VWs case; if you can't create a clever innovative engineering solution...cheat!

My sales exec said he wouldn't buy a car for delivery in the first six months after launch now. They've had problems with all the recent new models.

I feel your pain, mine failed (Dash) after 15 minutes, almost 12 weeks later I'm still waiting for it to be repaired........

BTJ said:
I feel your pain, mine failed (Dash) after 15 minutes, almost 12 weeks later I'm still waiting for it to be repaired........
I saw your post. You really have been stuffed. My issues are pretty minor compared. I know how you feel that whilst you want to reject based on the situation, you still really want the car.
Mine is in next Friday for the replacement parts. They originally said I'd have to wait a month but I threw some toys out of my pram 😜.
Hope you get a resolution soon and can start enjoying your own 992.
In the meantime you know what they say about hire cars.....

Gosh, feel for you. I haven't had any problems in the many many miles of mine. I had a fault code flick up a couple of times but it cleared itself and no issues.

Had a tyre pressure warning the other week, but it was the cold week in terrible rain and with the drop in temp it was sorted by both fronts inflated an extra 5psi.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back