Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Jonttt's 993 C4S Journal

Jonttt how did you get the gauge out or partially out to fit the mount? I couldn't get either the clock or fuel gauge to move an inch!

Baffled from Sidcup

If the gasket is tight you just have to lever it from side to side (more like push) with your fingertips and slowly it will work its way out. They are only held in with friction

I always go for a Megamounts phone holder....

:grin:

Sorry Jon.

Nothing to add apart from cracking thread. I've been reading it off and on for a few weeks and have just finished it.

Gorgeous car. Well done on the maintenance and improvements. :thumb:

> 500,000 views on this thread now :success:

.....and I forgot to update this thread......the 993 has a new stablemate.......the 981GTS is gone after 2.5 glorious years (what a fun car)......and has been replaced by a car more suited to 'tinkering" with........a future classic.........the 987 Black Edition........

I have already done more to the 987 in a couple of weeks than I did to the 981 and it has that genuine 'hobby" car feeling about it (like the 993) as you start to get to know every nut and bolt of how its put together........lets see if that becomes a keeper like the 993, great combo of classics :bandit:

Ps I'm starting to get that carbon feeling :grin:

22i5SQk.jpg

ft8XsBe.jpg

Any more plans with the 993?.....you've done loads but there must be more.

Black edition looks great...!

Nij4 said:

Don't encourage him :roll:

Not sure about half a million views im still not sure it even exists :dont know: :grin:

Zingari said:
Nij4 said:

Don't encourage him :roll:
:floor:

spongebob squarepants said:
Not sure about half a million views im still not sure it even exists :dont know: :grin:

Would be hilarious if admin pull the stats on that and 87% of them are his own :grin:

jonttt said:
.....a future classic.........the 987 Black Edition........

I have already done more to the 987 in a couple of weeks than I did to the 981 and it has that genuine 'hobby" car feeling about it (like the 993) as you start to get to know every nut and bolt of how its put together........lets see if that becomes a keeper like the 993, great combo of classics :bandit:

Ps I'm starting to get that carbon feeling :grin:

Definitely a better home for carbon trim than the 993. Did you consider the spyder?

gunner said:
........... Did you consider the spyder?

Yes........the 718 now it is 6 cylinder :grin: however, you cannot get one and I won't pay overs, plus not available until the end of the year and the same old problem with the roof being manual ......I use a convertable with roof down 90% of the time and so I often put the roof up / down several times on a run if the weather is mixed, pulling over to do that on a spyder would just mean I would not put it down as often which defeats the object for me. A good example was this morning, it was threatening heavy rain but was sunny, I started off roof down, it started to rain, roof up but soon passed so roof back down, all in a short 5 mile run to the office. If I had the spyder I would have driven another car.

I did look at 987 spyders but I don't think they look as good as the normal boxsters which made it can even easier decision (whereas the 981 / 718 spyders do look good) .....plus the 987 black edition has the same engine / power as the spyder for a lot less capital. I'm lovin the car so far and don;t regret not going more hardcore spyder or cayman R (I looked at a couple of those but really wanted a convertible) .......I'm currently in the middle of playing around with the DSC PASM programmable unit to give me a customised normal and fast road setup for my car, it is just such a flexible solution with the DSC unit, great fun just trying the different settings and I'm almost there with my perfect 2 car setup at the push of a button :thumb:
ps combined with the sport chrono on the manual it actually feels like it gives you a 4 car setup :wink:
I'm booked into get the car remapped by Waynbe Schofield later this week so will be really interesting to see what he does with the normal and sport maps on the car, my gut feeling as I get to know the car better is there is a lot of scope to make it run better without emission considerations and I would think an easy 10-20hp even on a NA engine ie its basically the same engine as was in my 981GTS and the caymans

......and the covers are off :eek:

the boxster has been relegated to storage and the 993 is on the road for some Autumn fun :thumb: .........

mcM49FB.jpg

you can see the boxster sulking under cover in the background :grin:

S7hDmiE.jpg

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back