Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

OK - what else could it be? Lighting issue

ScoobyDoo555

Barcelona
Hi All,

TBH, I didn't expect to be back on the forum asking questions about the car - I'd hoped to be back on talking about the good stuff.

Sadly, that's not the case so I'll get to my question.

Replaced the sidelight bulbs in my Litronic units (H6W - thanks for the help there :thumbs: )
HOWEVER, my offside (UK drivers right) isn't working still.
I've checked:

1. The bulb in the other headlight - no issues.
2. Double-checked the sidelight fuses and they're fine.
3. I've even done a continuity test around the wiring loom from the back of the multi-connector. Beeps like it should.

What else is there to look at?

Thanks in advance,

Dan

The plug on the back of the light unit isn't engaging properly in the socket. Take the light unit out and have a look inside the wing where the socket is. Make sure it's not come loos or moved out of position.

I'll double-check: the rest of the lights are working fine and from what I can see the plug that you disconnect is the one that deals with the smaller lights (side, indicator) - I'll check it again.

It is possible to get your hand in through the wheel arch to push the connector in to place. The bracket is broken on one of my cars which stops it engaging properly by itself.

MC

Mines pretty similar and when it doesn't engage properly, all the lights except the side light work.

When I first picked my 4s up (litronic) the offside light had a broken/missing holder for the connector, it was possible to push the connector home/ in place before the light unit was slid into the tray.

The harness may have had a few cable ties etc snipped to facilitate this, but was feasible without having to remove the arch liner (needed a slightly double jointed hand to slip in behind to push it home) .

I've replaced the tray now, but operated fine like that for 5k Miles or so.

Dan

Problem fixed.

It turns out that in all my Porsche-owning years, I was missing out the final stage of headlight installation: turning the hex key back towards the headlight and waiting to hear that "CLUNK" as it locks in place!

:? :floor: :eek:

FFS :D

All up and running now - I can get it MOT'd this week :)

Thanks again

Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
b8n8tai
Back