Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Are 996 and 997 engine mounts the same?

I ordered them at that price from rock auto in the end. I assumed it was an old pic from when the £ was a bit stronger against the $. Ordered on Saturday and awaiting delivery.

Thanks for the heads up on the rocksuto Rein units. A job I've been meaning to do for a while.

Ordered Thursday, arrived yesterday and I've just finished fitting.

Good job I did too, nearside was toast and dumped the oil as I took the weight off of the mounts, rubber completely gone and was free to move all over the place.

Don't forget, new nuts for underneath, 18mm deep socket, breaker bar and blue loctite for reassembly.

Definitely don't forget to reconnect the MAF if you want to avoid a heartstopping moment when you fire back up again! :pc:

Managed fine without the need for axel stands.

Coming off the accelerator now is sans judder and passenger seat doesn't vibrate at idle.

Time to go for a proper test drive :D

Dan

I'm still waiting for my units to arrive! Did you pay for speedier postage at all Dansteele?

I've got 4 new coffin arms and 4 new tuning forks to fit too so hoping for a substantial improvement in handling once I've fitted them all.

I think I went for quicker shopping, the estimated delivery date seemed quite far off for the regular option.

From what I've read/ experienced you are in for a treat after a refresh like that.

Dan

I bought some last year from Rockauto. At the time the faster delivery time was cheapest and I got a discount at checkout.

I bought a pair from Rockauto as well when my engine was out for bore score repair 2 years ago. Not OEM, but seemed good quality and have been fine in the ~10 000km I've put on the car since the repair.

How about the 964 / 993 RS Mounts? There is an older forum thread on here about them. Aftermarket and OE are available from Type911 for a good price.

DanSteele said:
I think I went for quicker shopping, the estimated delivery date seemed quite far off for the regular option.

From what I've read/ experienced you are in for a treat after a refresh like that.

Dan

I'm hoping so :thumb:

Everything else is ready except the mounts.

Also does anyone know if the tip gearbox mount is a DIY job or as important as the manual one?

White Knight I considered those but when the OEM style ones were that price and recommended by demort to stick with those I was swayed. I won't be tracking the car so these should be fine.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back