Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

JCW to 992 / Hybrid?

Minitoporsche

Hello all

I am new to the forum and am now transitioning to my first Porsche. I admittedly don't drive much (2k miles per year) and mostly in London. I've had a JCW convertible over the past two years which I love but time to get something a bit more grown up.

I've deciced on a 992 and had a few questions, if anyone has views.

+ I presume the standard model rather than s is fine for my type of driving?
+ I read there is a new hybrid due in 2022 / 2023. Has this put any of you off buying the current 992? I was worried a bit about depreciation impacts on the current model after that.
+ any thoughts on cabriolet versus the Coupe? I do love the convertible on my JCW but am mindful of risks of having it down in London.

Thank you

it's 2019, you're speculating on a car that might exist in 2022/2013

If you are worried about depreciation and do low miles then consider an earlier version of the 911 Cabrio that should cost up to £50k less

911UK said:
it's 2019, you're speculating on a car that might exist in 2022/2013

If you are worried about depreciation and do low miles then consider an earlier version of the 911 Cabrio that should cost up to £50k less

Thank you. Four to five years is indeed a very long time. I was tempted by an earlier 911 but the 992 looks soooo good!

How about a 991 Targa?

They look absolutely brilliant, will give you open air feel but with better security for London.

They seem an annoyingly solid bet from a residuals perspective too.

Minitoporsche said:
I've deciced on a 992 and had a few questions, if anyone has views.

+ I presume the standard model rather than s is fine for my type of driving?

Your question is timely as details of the standard Carrera were released today.

See -> http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=135148&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

If a 380 bhp car capable of 0-60 in 4.2 seconds and a top speed of 182 mph is enough to cover your type of driving I'd recommend that you save yourself £10k over an equivalent 'S' car.

Good Luck .......... and another :welcome: to 911uk.

I've placed a deposit on a base model and "lock down" on the spec is any day now with a view to September delivery.

I live in the country (Somerset) but I am well past my boy racer days and concluded that I don't need an S; the base model is fast enough for me. It also has smaller wheels and I reckon that might make the suspension a little more comfortable and the ride a little less noisy. Having said that, the S scored well on both counts during my recent test drive but I am used to a BMW 640D which was very quiet and more of a Grand Tourer than a sports car (the 911, of course, is the latter). Based on my experience of an earlier 911 model, the cabriolet will be a little noisier than the coupe but only noticeable at motorway speeds which may not be a problem for you.

In terms of saving money on the base versus the S, the list price saving is clear (£10k) but if you're buying on PCP, the monthly payments may only be £100-£150 per month different due to the higher residuals (in £ AND % terms) on the S. I haven't been able to bottom this out yet because the Finance Manager at my OPC hasn't got the figures for the base model. If you are thinking of PCP, it will be worth checking this out to make sure you're happy that you really are making a saving over your own period of ownership. I'm leaning towards paying cash anyway because the PCP rate is 6.9% i.e. not very competitive.

A 911 for 2k miles per annum is a bit of a luxury and you won't fully appreciate it on the streets of London where you can't really open it up and stretch its legs.

I will be keen to get an electric car in due course but it's a little too early in their evolution for me and the Porsche in 3/4 years time is out of my planning window.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back