Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Engine rebuild - second time...

I picked up my car today. It is transformed - obviously - and driving it is effortless. The power is so useable and 4th gear is my new 3rd as I can just leave it in it and use only my right foot to drive the Twisty bits! I didn't go much above 6k rpm at any stage as there wasn't really any need and I didn't get much chance to Floor it completely as again, even at 3/4 throttle, it was just powering through the gears.

The new clutch assist spring and gear selection cables transform the driving experience - clutch is like slicing butter and the gear select is slick and precise.

It was great to get a tour of the Hartech Facility and workshop and to meet Tobias and Grant. It is a serious set up.

I'll go back for the first service on 2,000 miles.

In Aberystwyth tonight soaking it all in. Another blast tomorrow through Wales to Holyhead! :D

Congrats. Any pics available? What did it make on the Dyno?

I have lots of pics on the work, but they are on a memory stick. I'll post some when I get home.

The car made 351 and 353bhp on the tuners dyno. The torque number escapes me at the moment. I'll check the file when I get out to the car . Hartech also run it on their own dyno with a set of wheels and tyres that they use on all cars that they run on their own to keep parameter variables as low as possible. I think it got 340 on theirs. They do it because they want to build up a data base in general and on the capacity increase engines.

In Holyhead waiting for the ferry - a fantastic drive through Wales - there just isn't a bad road here. I'm loving the car even more - the power is so useable - it will pull from 2000 rpm in 4th with ease.

I just checked the dyno figures - Hartech got 351bhp and 332lbs of torque. It's above 300lbs from 2,900 - 6,100. A standard car max torque is about 260lbs to put it in context.

Ghianightmare said:
In Holyhead waiting for the ferry - a fantastic drive through Wales - there just isn't a bad road here. I'm loving the car even more - the power is so useable - it will pull from 2000 rpm in 4th with ease.

I just checked the dyno figures - Hartech got 351bhp and 332lbs of torque. It's above 300lbs from 2,900 - 6,100. A standard car max torque is about 260lbs to put it in context.

A healthy increase in standard power and what a whopping increase in torque! No wonder you're pulling higher gears and marvelling at the flexibility. Of course after 2,000 miles and the oil change it will have fully bedded in and probably feel even better! :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yewcorner
Back