Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wanted 997 C4s PASM front shocks

Newbe

Montreal
Hi

Just wondering if anyone had any 997 C4s PASM front shocks going. Maybe after an upgrade or something?

Cheers

Mark

After a slight leak on a rear damper and upgrade to Bilstein B6 dampers all round I will shortly have some front OEM Damptronic dampers for a 997.2 2S (PN 997 343 045 20) available and going cheap..but pretty sure the 4S uses different dampers.

What's the condition and mileage on the shocks ?

I assume shipping from Australia would be quite expensive!

KA14LON said:
What's the condition and mileage on the shocks ?

I assume shipping from Australia would be quite expensive!

Car is a MY2010 C2S and has done 50 k Miles. The Porsche dealer says they're fine (leak in the rear shock only) so upgrading the lot to Bilstein B6. And don't forgot we don't have the crazy corrosion issues you have. No winter to speak of or salt.

You're right..freight is not cheap, UKP 140 via TNT courier..so say UKP 250 all in incl. delivery (excluding any duty/VAT at UK end if applicable).

Only issue is that I don't expect the new Bilsteins for another week or two so no good if you're in a hurry.

Anyway, let me know if this is of any interest and I can send some photos of the shocks on the car.

My car is 2008 997.1 (Gen 1). Are the parts for Gen 1 and Gen 2 the same ?

KA14LON said:
My car is 2008 997.1 (Gen 1). Are the parts for Gen 1 and Gen 2 the same ?

According to the online spares list here ... https://www.porsche.com/all/media/pdf/originalparts/en/E_997_KATALOG.pdf

..the PASM (option I475) OEM front shockers for a 997.1 are either PN

- 997 343 045 13 or
- 997 343 045 14 or
- 997 343 045 16

..so appear to be older versions of the same part although are probably form, fit and function compatible. Suggest you confirm compatibility with the dealer.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back