Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

OPC stone chips advice needed!

All paint work these days is baked

The old guidelines for an OPC were 3 chips and they repaint a panel
certainly on Front PU's and Bonnets

991 are starting to suffer from chips infant of the rear wheel arches
and 981 Boxster Cayman on the similar panels infant of the side air intakes.

A lot of OPC's seem to be run be ex staff of the local Audi dealers and standards have certainly slipped.
In my opinion a 911/ Box/Cay with more than 5,000 miles would need the front end repainted for stone chips, especially if a dark colour, you can get a way with a bit more on a white car as the pale undercoat isn't so visible

certainly 15 years ago a 5/6 year old car, previously OPC supplied would probably have had the bonnet PU painted at least twice

Its hard enough to find an OPC salesman who knows what a 993 is , but they're expect on selling you ceramic paint protection, gap Insurance, alloy wheel protection

:bandit:

Some owners are becoming Boudoir Nail Bar in their attitudes .

Mark offers sound advice - enjoy not getting a blemish - protect

_________________ Pointless worry

Even better result... they have decided to respray full front end and blend into wings in order to colour match :)

My 911 991.2C4S had a full PPF fitted from new,there are a few marks on the front where stones have marked it but it's done it's job and protected the paintwork not cheap at £4K+VAT but it gives me peace of mind especially when driving on motorways,I've used CLEANDETAIL of Doncaster Nick the owner is excellent.
SteveW

"Its hard enough to find an OPC salesman who knows what a 993 is". That just about sums up what Porsche has become since 1997 when it went from a manufacturer of well engineered, quality built sports cars to a semi mass producer of poorly designed & built family saloons, VW Audi underpinned SUV's & sports cars.

GARY S said:
"Its hard enough to find an OPC salesman who knows what a 993 is". That just about sums up what Porsche has become since 1997 when it went from a manufacturer of well engineered, quality built sports cars to a semi mass producer of poorly designed & built family saloons, VW Audi underpinned SUV's & sports cars.

Or to put it another way, not bankrupt?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back