Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

fitting sports seats???

j70ste

Thinking of changing my standard seats in my 996 tt to sports seats fancy colour coded back etc

Seen that a few people have done this wondering what kind of job they are to fit is all mounting/electrics the same?

Both electric non heated

Many thanks

Ste

If you are swapping any 996 seat to another 996 it should literally be like playing with big lego - four bolts and the same loom connectors for each seat...

If you are swapping in seats from another model e.g. 997 sport seats to a 996, its still a case of "four bolts per seat" but there will be differences in connectors.... and looms/relay locations if heated seats are involved... 997/996 seat belt indicators are slightly different, etc (still not particularly difficult though - there are several forum members on here with the (superior) 997 sport seats in their 996)

Thanks yeah basic swop non heated /memory seats changing to 996 sports seats same non heated/memory only difference is sports seats are manual

Thanks for your help

Ste

Thanks yeah basic swop non heated /memory seats changing to 996 sports seats same non heated/memory only difference is sports seats are manual

Thanks for your help

Ste

It's simple, I went full electric, heated and memory to manual sports seats, bit of fiddling on the drivers side connections but nothing difficult.

Darren

Attachments

• ad8c485d_5cec_46c2_9db2_896f3aaebdaa_877.jpeg
    ad8c485d_5cec_46c2_9db2_896f3aaebdaa_877.jpeg
    460.3 KB · Views: 1,187

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back