Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Squealing Pagid Brakes C4S

beejay993

Trainee
Can anyone offer me some advise to remedy my dreadfully noisy brakes. When I bought my 4s the garage replaced the rear discs and pads with pagid parts. Ever since they were fitted they squeal really badly on braking. I've taken them all to bits, cleaned all parts, checked for glazed faces etc which was all fine. I've changed the vibration dampers to new ones and it's still the same, albeit it went away for the first few drives after doing all this but has since returned. I did all the usual bedding in recommendations so I'm at a loss other than change the pads for an alternative manufacturer....it's driving me mad !

Any suggestions on a remedy ? Cheers

Have you taken the fronts off for a de-glaze also? Or are you certain it is only the the rears that are definitely making all the racket?

I had Padgid discs and pads and they used to be very squeaky, still have the pagid discs and replaced the front pads with EBC red stuff, cleaned them all up with brake spray cleaner and used Cera Tec lube when reassembling them.

The squeak has gone and :D and 2k in they are still silent, going to put EBC red stuff on the rear now as the brake dust reduction on the front is very noticeable and they work well for road use.

I fitted EBC discs and yellowstuff pads to a BMW Z4 a few years ago, they were truly awful, wooden, no feel whatsoever and the squeal from the pads was irritating. I tried all sorts of bedding in tricks but nothing ever worked,it has put me off aftermarket braking components. The only good bit was the lack of brake dust from the EBC pads.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back