Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

please help me identify this bumper

Exelzion

Trainee
im trying to identify this 992.2 bumper.
Im told its a 996.2 TURBO, but doesnt appear to be.
The front air intakes are different, looks as it has a grill in the top of the bumper that meets the bonet too.

Ive tried searching for GT2, GT3, TURBO TURBO S, GAMBELLA, RUF and even Tekart, but cant seem to find one that looks like it.

Attachments

• s_l1600_149.jpg
    s_l1600_149.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 2,466
It looks very much like 4S bumper to me :?:
Just looked at mine and the relief on the moulding around the rad air inlet is different , so perhaps not 4S :dont know:

Yea it does look alot like the c4s, but the 2 big front vents seem to be different to all ive checked. Its weird.

edit, i think its a Carrera S 2012.. im sure of it, still researching.

its defiantly not a boxster, the guy said he bought it for his 911 but it wouldnt fir as his was a mark1, so needs to be a mark2, he advertised it as a turbo, but its defiantly not a turbo. Yea, i thought it as a mark1 also but he said its a 992.2

This guy sells it as an official Porsche part for a CARRERA S, similar but 997 looks like.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PORSCHE-...152217&hash=item4693851f18:g:LvYAAOSw32lYvSVP

If it isn't from a 2015 as suggested in the link above, then it is awful similar to it. In fact I couldn't see any differences. Have a look for a part number on it?

MC

Going by your ebay ad pictures it has a 981 part number so you've been sold a part for a totally different car:

s-l1600.jpg

This is a 981 front bumper IMHO :thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkrt1972
Back