Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New charger needed - CTEK MXS 5?

tigerspill

Trainee
Hi,

I have been using my old CTEK charger for many years but it had died. It's a Multi XS 3600.

So I need to replace it. When I google, it looks like the Porsche branded versions of the CTEK look very similar to mine.

Will I be OK going for the CTEK MXS 5? This seems to be around £55 on Amazon.
Current car is 997.2 C4S if that makes any difference.

Can i use the 12v cigarette lighter socket to charge or am I better connecting to the battery?

Thanks.

I would suggest MXS 7.0 as it copes with larger batteries. It's the one I use and I have the other half hard wired to the battery, with the battery status indicator. (CTX INDICATOR EYELET M8 )

jl-c said:
I would suggest MXS 7.0 as it copes with larger batteries. It's the one I use and I have the other half hard wired to the battery, with the battery status indicator. (CTX INDICATOR EYELET M8 )

Thanks. Will take a look. But the 7 seems a big jump in price (£55 for the 5 and £112 for the 7).

How would I know if I had an AGM battery?
I believe it is a Porsche original part battery.

I recently bought an MXS 5.0, and it seems to work much better with the Bosch S5 battery, than my old XS 3600 charger did.

Poker2009 said:
I recently bought an MXS 5.0, and it seems to work much better with the Bosch S5 battery, than my old XS 3600 charger did.

Thanks. Think I will go for it. At half the price of the MXS 7, It is an easier buy.

tigerspill said:
Hi,

I have been using my old CTEK charger for many years but it had died. It's a Multi XS 3600.

So I need to replace it. When I google, it looks like the Porsche branded versions of the CTEK look very similar to mine.

Will I be OK going for the CTEK MXS 5? This seems to be around £55 on Amazon.
Current car is 997.2 C4S if that makes any difference.

Can i use the 12v cigarette lighter socket to charge or am I better connecting to the battery?

Thanks.

I use the CTEK MXS 5 with the extension lead and cigarette socket plug - works perfectly to condition my BOSCH S5 battery.

CTEK MXS 5 working fine on my 944 Turbo and 996 C2

Re: is this for real?

DAVIDGT996 said:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CTEK-Multi-MXS-5-0-12V-SMART-Fully-Automatic-Battery-Charger-UK-PLUG/323866083226?hash=item4b67ec3f9a:g:J6QAAOSwv9ldNtXk

too good to be true..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon
Back