Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

just cut out

The melted coil pack will be the problem one .. coils often crack and misfire when wet .. they don't do this though .. trust me !!!

Not Surefire coils fitted by any chance ??

2 people here have had similar to this with these coils going tits up !!

No Mate they were Beru pt no 997.602.102.00 , i had some other bits to order as well so Design 911 got the full order and i will have a fit up this week then back on the road just got the AOS to do during winter months rgds Mark

just got to be age , ive had the car 4.5 years covered 23,000 miles all good with just normal serviceing and tyres , and they have been grin factor miles but never thought of coils , it had plugs just before I brought it , going to change them again when the coils get here

Stuff me :eek:

i'm amazed to be honest .. i've never seen this and let's face it .. i deal with a lot of Porsches and 16 years so far !!

i appreciate the picture .. i can see and understand full well why the fuse was blowing .

Age .. well i've seen original coils .. beru that are 16 plus years old .. i've seen coils so cracked you wouldn't think they would still work .. this is new to me .

As i said a visual check first then onto wiring .. glad you found the fault but i'm still sitting here thinking this is so unlucky or is there going to be a surge of these :sad: I certainly hope not .

Update : just fitted 6 new plugs and coil packs as well as new brembo front discs goodride hoses and EBC reds pads car now transformormed all parts from design 911 thanks for fast delivery and no codes showing on dash or scanner now time to enjoy rgds Mark

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cooper9000
Back