Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wiper blades

weejimmy

I've been having major issues with the screen on my GTS. Initially it was smearing horribly at night such that I was pretty much driving blind. I think somehow I got some silicon on it... possibly off my road bikes which I transport on the roof.

As part of sorting that I replaced the blades just in case they were impregnated and now I have the opposite problem. No smearing but I am getting awful judder as the there is too much friction!

I replaced the original factory blades with a pair of Bosch Aerotwin A698s which area allegedly the correct ones. Anyone know if these are the OEM units? They were pretty cheap at £25 or so. I got them from wiperblades.co.uk who were great and actually replaced the first set they sent when I complained of judder ... unfortunately the replacement do the same!

From what I can see via online 911 parts sellers 'genuine' Porsche parts are more like £50. Are they the same? I'm not trying to be a cheapskate - it was just easier to order them online and fit them myself than have to deal with my OPC for what I figured was the same part. Maybe I got that wrong!

Unsure what to do. The screen is super clean. I could apply a rain repellent to try and lower the friction or maybe just get some OEM blades from my OPC.

Anyone ever had anything similar? I am a bit fussy on keeping my screen spotless and I hate any kind of wiper smear.

:frustrated:

which company manufactures these wipers?

weejimmy said:
As part of sorting that I replaced the blades just in case they were impregnated and now I have the opposite problem. No smearing but I am getting awful judder as the there is too much friction!

Did you find a fix?

i had smearing also on my 911 and changed factory blades at about 13k miles to Bosch ones from Halfords - sorted. Although prior to that I had also put RainX on and that still works a treat.

Ive noticed on my GTS that the washer on the passenger side doesn't actually hit the window fully as the RHS does, it grazes the LHS wiper arm and then disperses onto the screen, my OPC said nothing to worry about its how they operate and the nozzles cant be adjusted. It was one of those explantions that defy logic but you end up trying to digest it given you cant mess with the nozzle or fear doing anything to harm the warranty on an area you've already flagged with the dealer.

:tea:

If you don't put OEM blades on you can forget renewing your warranty....unless you are prepared to replace them at the 111point check.

I put Bosch blades on my 997 (Bosch parts are used on these cars e.g throttle body housing)...........come renewal of warranty time, I had to have them replaced with originals.

One year it failed the 111 point check due to a non OEM battery.

Redacted

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back