Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Brembo brake discs & pads vs OEM

Wattso said:
Hertsdriver said:
the ones youve linked on ebay dont fit the 3.8 (according to the link)

why Brembo? have you tried euro car parts or carparts4less?

It does have my year C2S listed as compatible I think.

Dont think it does, which is a shame as the price is good for a full set

Attachments

• capture_451.jpg
    capture_451.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 2,824
Wattso said:
It does have my year C2S listed as compatible I think.

I think it comes down to what it calls 'heavy duty suspension' vs non heavy duty suspension which I think affects the part number.

@DucatiRob Cheers for that, I think the parts I need are:
Pads P 65 018
Discs 09.C878.11

Available on 'best parts store' ( which looks to be yet another ECP / car parts 4 less spin off? for 192.89gbp

Total cost of brembo rear discs & pads 192.89
Total cost of SEBRO + Texar 201

In answer to the question "why brembo" I'm thinking even if performance is identical ( although from the accounts I can find it seems to suggest marginally better than SEBRO ) then the coating preventing a rust look is a good positive for the same price.

Ultimately though if SEBRO or Pagid are going to perform better / last longer I'd love to hear some accounts of that?

Can't really go wrong with Brembo a brand I have always used on bikes and cars, Pagid/Sebro/Textar all have good reviews, so I don't think you can really go wrong, matching the Brembo discs and pads would swing it for me, plus that is a really good price!

Sorry to hi-jack the thread - was going to ask the same question, so thought no need to double up!

My service has confirmed my fronts need replacing (as expected).

OPC has quoted £1,150...! OEM from local guy is c.£900. But was considering Brembo. Sounds like this is a good option looking at the replies on this thread.

Assume OK to have Brembo on front, until OEMs on rear require replacement?

Also think I figured out why the car has felt a bit twitchy at the front, especially since I replaced the rears...... The fronts are 9 years old!!!! Probably a little hard and non-effective......

Seventy Seven said:
Sorry to hi-jack the thread - was going to ask the same question, so thought no need to double up!

My service has confirmed my fronts need replacing (as expected).

OPC has quoted £1,150...! OEM from local guy is c.£900. But was considering Brembo. Sounds like this is a good option looking at the replies on this thread.

Assume OK to have Brembo on front, until OEMs on rear require replacement?

Also think I figured out why the car has felt a bit twitchy at the front, especially since I replaced the rears...... The fronts are 9 years old!!!! Probably a little hard and non-effective......

I just got my fronts done from an Indie, cost £700 - not sure which ones he uses, but would have cost less if I'd bought the pads, discs, sensor etc - and asked him to fit.

Hi Rob

Cannot comment on Brembo disks ....

Pagid RS29 pads are super agressive and very good. Te down side is break dust, loads of it. I would still reccomend them tho!

Some crazy prices here, wow, simple job to do yourself. You do a better job too as you do other little bits as you go.

Just to follow up on my posts earlier on this thread, went with Brembo discs and pads all round a couple of months back.
Excellent price from autodoc, took about a week to deliver so no good if you're in a hurry.

Very impressed with braking performance and the finish on the hat/ bell is far better at resisting rust than the dull grey oem primer.

10/10 from me.

If anyone can point me to correct product codes etc for Brembo, that would be appreciated.

Went on Autodoc and couldn't quite figure out which ones I needed! :dont know:

Seventy Seven said:
If anyone can point me to correct product codes etc for Brembo, that would be appreciated.

Went on Autodoc and couldn't quite figure out which ones I needed! :dont know:

+1 :thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back