Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Instrument Cluster Wiring Help

crash7

Imola
I am looking to identify a particular cable that runs to the instrument cluster.

Within the multi-pin plug there are a host of cables and I want the one for the alternator/battery/charging light that shows up on the dash cluster.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram? or even better able to spoon feed me the information :D

Cheers

Which model and year?
MC

Plug II white, pin 23.

I can`t get a decent screenshot of the whole page in the wiring diagrams that is readable when zoomed in.
I can email you the whole 996.1 wiring diagrams if you need them, about 7MB file size :thumb:

Boom! - Many thanks :thumb:

By chance do you know the location of a switched / ignition live that runs to the cluster, be it in the same or a different plug?

kurlykris said:
Plug II white, pin 23.

I can`t get a decent screenshot of the whole page in the wiring diagrams that is readable when zoomed in.
I can email you the whole 996.1 wiring diagrams if you need them, about 7MB file size :thumb:

i use an Xps to Jpeg convertor program .. google it as there seem to be many ..

i open the wiring diagram , take a snapshot , right click and save as an Xps file in the print section instead of printing it .. i then use this convertor program to turn it into a jpeg ( picture ) .

crash7 said:
Boom! - Many thanks :thumb:

By chance do you know the location of a switched / ignition live that runs to the cluster, be it in the same or a different plug?

I have a feeling RD/BU .. red/blue is the colour for an ignition feed .. fuse box by your right foot .. remove cover .. find this wire and test with a meter if its a 12v with ign on .. if so then solder a wire into it and run to the cluster .

either way a wire of size 2.5 - 4 mm is a main feed so just check these for a feed .. anything smaller will be an output so ignore these .

You should be able to check on the diagram Kris sent .

You will also need to fit an inline fuse when cutting in extra wiring.

Top tip Iain, is there no end to your talents :grin:

And here is the converted pdf page to jpg :thumb:

1JlfPPc.jpg

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robertcloftus
Back