Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Are 996 and 997 engine mounts the same?

Kbald

Monza
Does anyone know if the 3.6 997 engine mounts are the same as the 996 ones? I can get 2 for a 997 at less than £200 delivered supposed OE quality but wanted to check they're the same first. Thanks

Sorry to bump this but does anyone know the answer before I go ahead and order some hoping they're the same? Thanks

If you look on the Design911 website you will see that the ones they sell fit 964,993,996 and 997, so I would say yes, they are the same :thumb:

Thanks for that. I had feeling they were but wanted to double check first.

These were recommended by Wasz - OEM....

Attachments

• f934515e_5258_4650_b937_30fdccebdf79_389.png
    f934515e_5258_4650_b937_30fdccebdf79_389.png
    167 KB · Views: 4,256
I'm using 993 semi solids on my 996tt with longer bolts.
They were listed as being compatible with the 997 too.

Can recommend the RSS mounts, not the cheapest option but well worth the expense :thumbs:

BHZ661 said:
Can recommend the RSS mounts, not the cheapest option but well worth the expense :thumbs:

I agree

MC

Thanks guys. The RSS ones are semi solid so I believe so a bit more geared towards track use?? I did look at the 993 rs options discussed a lot on here too as an option.

Those rockauto ones seem to be very good value! Is it a well used supplier?

I have RSS mounts on my 997 and noticed no difference in handling or harsher ride etc. What I did notice was gearchange was better, engine response seemed better, but most of all the engine now sounded incredible. When you floored it, the engine intake noise was awesome. The engine sounded much more rev happy and the whole driving experience was improved. I wasnt expecting that, so it made the mounts even more value for money.

Kbald said:
Thanks guys. The RSS ones are semi solid so I believe so a bit more geared towards track use?? I did look at the 993 rs options discussed a lot on here too as an option.

Those rockauto ones seem to be very good value! Is it a well used supplier?

The mounts that rock auto used to sell are in a Rein branded box. Inside is a Czech made OEM mount. Lots on here about them if you search. I have the rein version in mine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back