Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What did you buy your 993 this week ?

Do get at least one new gas strut for the RS lid I found my originals just too weak to hold it up. I fitted one uprated strut both would have knocked my teeth out. Bit of electrical fiddling needed as well, although there is no provision for engine illumination the interior and frunk lights come on when you have the engine cover open leave it for too long and you have a flat battery. I push the catch down same with frunk if the covers are open for a while. You will get a red light on the instruments unless you remove the tailgate module. Gert's site mentions it (or used to)

Endoman said:
Do get at least one new gas strut for the RS lid I found my originals just too weak to hold it up. I fitted one uprated strut both would have knocked my teeth out.
I bought and fitted new regular ones already in preparation.. 8)
Bit of electrical fiddling needed as well, although there is no provision for engine illumination the interior and frunk lights come on when you have the engine cover open leave it for too long and you have a flat battery. I push the catch down same with frunk if the covers are open for a while. You will get a red light on the instruments unless you remove the tailgate module. Gert's site mentions it (or used to)
Thanks for the Electrical tip, I have a few unused Cables/Wires/Boxes that need attending to.. A job in itself..!

Saw that on your Insta.. 8)

kingroon said:
Picked up the final Piece to my RS Puzzle on Saturday from a nice chap in the M25 Cobham Services..!

Was a great excuse to get the 968 Sport out for a blat too, Sunny Morning Traffic notwithstanding.. :roll:

Would love to hear more about the 968 sport please, I really like them.

Trev

Cameltoe & Heel said:
Would love to hear more about the 968 sport please, I really like them.

Trev
I think I'm gunna write a Blog Post about it.. 8)

Apart from the engine and bodywork I have converted most of my S2 to 968 CS spec. Mainly because I couldn't afford one. Brilliant car handles a dream and so versatile. Has to be the ultimate 993 companion sounds like an itch that needs to be scratched Trev.

Endoman said:
Apart from the engine and bodywork I have converted most of my S2 to 968 CS spec...
I want to do this.. Did the 944 come in Polar Silver..?
Has to be the ultimate 993 companion
My 968 Sport is going to be for sale imminently, so Trev, if that Itch is getting Itchier [!] and you wanna come have a look.. ;)

Attachments

• 968s_193.jpg
    968s_193.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 2,411
kingroon said:
Endoman said:
Apart from the engine and bodywork I have converted most of my S2 to 968 CS spec...
I want to do this.. Did the 944 come in Polar Silver..?
Has to be the ultimate 993 companion
My 968 Sport is going to be for sale imminently, so Trev, if that Itch is getting Itchier [!] and you wanna come have a look.. ;)

Looks great. Is it Arena?

Full service and MOT -advisory on leaking rear shock.
2 x New rear Bilstein shocks, as 1 was leaking and I was advised by CofG to replace the opposite side.
4 x Michelin PS2's - I needed 2 new rears and then this weekend got a nail/screw in the front...quoted £633 fitted at Wembley tyres so tomorrow it goes in for the new boots.
Then on the 8th and 9th I am booked into CofG for the chassis then the next day the long drive to Wayne for him to work his magic. Really looking forward to the drive back as I'll have 4+hours to feel the difference in the remap.

Fulla- I'll be interested to hear your thoughts re Wayne. On my list of every-growing upgrades...

pierrebear said:
Fulla- I'll be interested to hear your thoughts re Wayne. On my list of every-growing upgrades...

I'll report back after the 9th. It's a long drive circa 4+hrs there and back so I should be able to feel the difference, I am just hoping with schools out the traffic will be forgiving!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back