Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Triptronic emergency run error.

Lee997

Monza
hi all, my 997.1 is suffering from slow starting and I'm aware of what needs to be done however today while out it refused to start and I had to wait a while but fortunately after a few tries it restarted.
on the way home I gave it a large amount of throttle while banked on a roundabout (didn't notice exactly what gear it was in but probably 4-5th), I got a error stating triptronic emergency run and alternating gear lights flashing between neutral and 5th.
i had to pull over and switch off to and restart to clear it as it was also in slow mode.

after a bit more driving I tried the same thing that caused the error the first time, again't under heavy acceleration while hard in a roundabout I got the same error ' Triptronic emergency run" again required a stop restart to clear.

so I'm after opinions please but wonder if it was due to maybe the box reading the situation as requiring to much power while in a bend and a lot else going on at that moment what with power being sent to what wheel as well as PASM?

Lee.

Please note I am just guessing but if cornering hard and then accelerating, low fluid?

With all those issues I'd be getting someone to investigate and sort it rather than trying to keep on driving it.

ps. When reporting the problems I'd also refer to it as a Tiptronic. There's only one 'r'. :wink:

Good Luck :thumb:

Tiptronic Emergency run code

I have had what sounds like exactly the same problem. I. Have access to a durametric which reported an issue with the turbine sensor N2 reading. On looking at the actual values the N1 was reading engine speed but N2 was either reading zero or 9000 rpm. The solution is a replacement conductor plate although it's advisable to also change the connector plug. I managed to do mine on the garage floor with a 3 ft lift. The most difficult part was the connector plug but overall it took about 6 hours. I bought the replacement conductor plate and plug from auto doc. The conductor plate comes with new turbine sensors but the solenoids need swapping. The total cost was £250 including fluids filter and gaskets.
Hope this helps
PS there are several YouTube videos which are helpful but under the MB heading it is a Merc autobox.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrew bulloch7
Back