Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

2007 997.1 Suspension question Powerflex bushes

ben-yates

Hello all,

my 997 c2 has been sat for over a year now, this was after it had failed an MOT for a blown rear shock. A combination of a move to Manchester and a company car means it has had been seriously neglected. Anyways im not on a big budget and after much deliberation im going for the Ohlins road and track as i intend to keep the car for several years to come, unfortunately this and the need for a major service and various other odd jobs has consumed the majority of it.

Now im after refreshing the coffin arms with polybushes, i am going for the powerflex ones however it says i need the camber and caster adjustable ones. these are 3x the price of non adjustable, i have spoken with powerflex and they say that is an error and i can use the non adjustable. So basically i was wondering if anybody knows if can get away with the non adjustable ones?

Cheers in advance

48274573657_4e0c83d795_k.jpg
[/url]IMG-0117 by Ben Yates, on Flickr[/img]

This is the motor im trying to breathe some life back into

Good call on the Ohlins :thumb: you will not be disappointed, they will transform the ride and handling. Had mine fitted by Centre Gravity along with full geo and corner weighting. Replaced all the coffin arms, diagonals, top mounts etc at the same time. I did consider poly bushes but took the advice of CG and went with standard components. Think the only negative is that they can become a little noisy, but I know others are vert pleased with them!

infrasilver said:
Yes, the non adjustable are fine, the adjustment is done by the eccentric bolt at the chassis ends.

Will this be a DIY job or are you getting it done?

Cheers for that fella, yeah my intention is to do it myself, however i have pre-warned the gent that has always worked on my cars that if i fail they are coming straight to him. Dont suppose you have any tips?

DucatiRob said:
Good call on the Ohlins :thumb: you will not be disappointed, they will transform the ride and handling. Had mine fitted by Centre Gravity along with full geo and corner weighting. Replaced all the coffin arms, diagonals, top mounts etc at the same time. I did consider poly bushes but took the advice of CG and went with standard components. Think the only negative is that they can become a little noisy, but I know others are vert pleased with them!

Well thats reassuring, cheers. I really wanted to go to Chris as i believe he is the man that really knows his stuff, however i just really cant afford to at the moment, maybe down the line. My first proper car was a ford Capri (which i still fortunately have) i also have a skyline and various other less engineered cars so im hoping that the polybushes will cause no issues. Im also going for rs engine mounts and polybush gearbox mounts, hope im not going to give myself a headache after all this work, we shall see though.

Thanks for the feedback though, appreciate the responses

After deciding to move house and a busy time at work it's looking like I might finally have time to get my suspension sorted and getting noisier over the last few months.
I was trying to decide between standard and powerflex and also between Ohlins and standard non-PSAM sports suspension.
Interesting that CofG recommended standard with your Ohlins Rob.
Do you think Ohlins worth the extra, I'm looking for the control of the sports suspension without the bouncy as other half gets car sick easily

Iansta said:
After deciding to move house and a busy time at work it's looking like I might finally have time to get my suspension sorted and getting noisier over the last few months.
I was trying to decide between standard and powerflex and also between Ohlins and standard non-PSAM sports suspension.
Interesting that CofG recommended standard with your Ohlins Rob.
Do you think Ohlins worth the extra, I'm looking for the control of the sports suspension without the bouncy as other half gets car sick easily

For me the Ohlins are definitely worth the extra money, the ride quality is far superior to the standard PASM suspension, even though I have the damping set on the firmer side. The Ohlins spring rate is much stiffer than standard but more progressive, more importantly for me the handling and control is top notch :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retep
Back