Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

DA Polisher - Beginner Advice

Jam911

I am looking for advice on which DA Polisher to buy ?

Looking for a beginners kit really and I am thinking of this one :

DAS-6 Pro Plus - Complete Menzerna Kit from Cleanyourcar.co.uk

Thanks in advance

Looks like good kit with everything you need.

Get some good quality microfibre cloths too.

Also consider claying the car before you begin to polish.

Lots of good videos on YouTube, 'forensic detailing channel' bloke is worth watching.

I have a Makita not cheap, but it's a dual action. Bit safer on the car when you haven't a clue.

PO6000C/2 Orbit Polisher, 900 W

Random orbit with forced rotation mode for scratch polishing
Random orbit mode for final polishing and coating with wax
Soft start
Variable speed control trigger and dial
Constant speed control under load
Elastomer bumpers to protect the work piece from damages and scratches; The tool can be rested upside down
Lock on function for continuous use

I have the das pro kit excellent and easy to use :thumb:

Robertb said:

Lots of good videos on YouTube, 'forensic detailing channel' bloke is worth watching.

+1 for John @ Forensic Detailing channel

Yes, get the DAS6 Pro Plus. Porsche clear coat is pretty hard and so you need a machine with a decent throw! :thumbs:

Thanks for the tips guys

I bought the das-6 pro & menzerna package and am happy with it.

Whilst you'd have to be pretty careless to do much damage with a DA polisher, you can wet the pads first to make it safer still.

As said, make sure you clay the car first to get the best results.

Das Pro kit is superb to start with.
I've used DA's for years and now have a Rupes. These are superb pieces of engineering for when you've surpassed the DAS.
:thumb:

I see lots of folks asking about DA polishers and which one to buy, lots of personal preferences, of course, and quite a lot of fear about buying the wrong one or using it badly and causing paintwork damage.

My tip would be to buy a recognised brand as a kit with pads and compounds together, so you have everything you need and all compatible.
Next, go to your local bodyshop or scrap yard and beg/buy a scrap bonnet/boot/ door panel and practice on that first until you feel you have gotten the feel for how it all works. Then and only then start work on your pride and joy. :thumbs:

Top advice above. The main thing is the machines a machine with fuel action it's hard to damage anything. The main thing is the pads and the compound, if they are wrong you'll have little effect. What cuts through BMW clearcoat bounces of Porsche clearcoat, it seems much harder, pads can get clogged quickly and again there's then little effect.

Try In2detailing for prices. They are pretty good for all detailling products

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back