Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Thinking about going from a 997.1 GT3 to a .2

My turn :floor:

I think if you were entering the market for the first time and could afford it go for the .2. If not save your money.

That's a précis of all the previous excellent and informative posts by the way :lol:

OP just of of interest what do you think the exchange cost would be, £30 - 40K :?:

Some really informative and insightful posts there guys. :)

I think I'd be needing to put £30K in to move to a decent .2, which seems like a lot of money for what I'd gain.

My car was already setup by Centre of Gravity to be more neutral and has a feel that I love when on the limit (on the track).

All of this adds up to it really not worth stretching to right now. I can replace the front lip when it gets worn, and its not the end of the world if I don't have Porsche warranty (when it can't taken out due to car age)....I think that itch is sorted for now.

Many thanks all!

Good thread. It's something I've pondered on occasion.

I think the comments from Disco and Senoj pretty much end the argument for me.

When you consider an approximate upgrade cost of £30k, you can get some seriously interesting and useful modifications done for that money.

Diggermeister said:

When you consider an approximate upgrade cost of £30k, you can get some seriously interesting and useful modifications done for that money.

Or a nice M car or something similar, thought about this a few times and always ended sticking with what I've got. Now a 991.2 would be worth the extra £80k or may be not :?:

Cunno said:
Diggermeister said:

Or a nice M car or something similar, thought about this a few times and always ended sticking with what I've got. Now a 991.2 would be worth the extra £80k or may be not :?:

I think it all ended with the 997. I'm not saying this coz I have one...it's because it's true (and I have one :) )Love the 991.x as things they are incredible. A real testament to Porsche but alas a degree or two past the apex, ie the 997.

Good point about M cars :), not 30k but not a gazillion miles off. Easy to spend 40+ though.

Attachments

• bfd3571f_7ccf_4d7a_968a_4dbd98571a45_913.jpeg
    bfd3571f_7ccf_4d7a_968a_4dbd98571a45_913.jpeg
    599.9 KB · Views: 3,216
Agree, the earlier (not current) M cars make some impressive and enjoyable track equipment.

My view when I bought my car was to buy something and stick with it - really bond with the car. This is not least because I'm not much of a driver and a slow learner at that, and don't get too much time for track hours, so learning a car requires some time. Time also allows me to get the thing set up how I want it.

There is no shadow of doubt that, had I more funds, a 997.2 GT3 or (better yet) .2 RS would have been the go-to choice.

I agree regarding the 991 platform. I drove both GT3 and RS at the PEC as part of my decision making process (the option to hold off and go for a 991 was one I did consider) and loved them, but they were not what I was looking for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back