Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

The Lakes - Part II - To Cockermouth and back...... Sun 14th

991.2GTS

This Sunday I'm continuing my exploration of The Lakes. Last week was Windermere and Ullswater. This week I'm going West, with a 5am start and a traipse across to Flookburgh on the A65, before doing a circular that takes in Coniston Water, Thirlmere, Derwent Water, Buttermere and Crummock Water, before hitting Cockermouth and coming back via Egremont and Eskdale.

Here's my intended route: https://goo.gl/maps/fmra14iWxgvhjios6

Weather is looking fair, with only a 15% chance of rain, so fingers crossed.

:thumb:

And I might call in at The Lakeland Motor Museum on my way home.......

Well done Graham..... :thumb:

You are the epitome of the "use your car - rather than garage it" mind-set.

Best get the enjoyment out of it before you are :eek:ld: like me.... :grin:

Are you heading to Silverstone Classic this year?

cheers
John

Porschekit said:
Well done Graham..... :thumb:

You are the epitome of the "use your car - rather than garage it" mind-set.

Best get the enjoyment out of it before you are :eek:ld: like me.... :grin:

Are you heading to Silverstone Classic this year?

cheers
John

Thanks John. The car's a quarter of its way to its first service. I wonder if the water pump will last that long? :?:

I'm not going to Silverstone, but I am going to The Yorkshire Festival of Porsche at Lotherton Hall on 4th August. Keith mentioned it a few weeks ago, are you making the trip down?

Yes, have ordered my ticket via PCGB, we will be travelling in convoy from "oop north".

It's always a great day with hundreds of cars, many from "dahn Sarf"

Hope to see you and many 911uk members there;

I'll be the one in the Porsche..... :hand:

Porschekit said:
Yes, have ordered my ticket via PCGB, we will be travelling in convoy from "oop north".

Can't wait, it would be good to meet up with you lot on your way down, maybe Wetherby Services on the A1. No doubt someone will post about that nearer the time. :thumb:

I will be t Silverstone from Friday all weekend, will keep an eye out for you.

991.2GTS said:
Porschekit said:

Can't wait, it would be good to meet up with you lot on your way down, maybe Wetherby Services on the A1. No doubt someone will post about that nearer the time. :thumb:

Graham,

The convoy will start up in Northumberland and one of the pick up points will be as follows;

"Scotch Corner Services southbound DL10 6PQ Regroup in the car park at the front of the Travelodge at the services, we aim to be there around 8.45am leaving at 9.00am after a short toilet & coffee stop".

NOTE: It will be a very quick in and out so we can get there on time.

cheers
John

Porschekit said:
991.2GTS said:
Porschekit said:

Graham,

The convoy will start up in Northumberland and one of the pick up points will be as follows;

"Scotch Corner Services southbound DL10 6PQ Regroup in the car park at the front of the Travelodge at the services, we aim to be there around 8.45am leaving at 9.00am after a short toilet & coffee stop".

NOTE: It will be a very quick in and out so we can get there on time.

cheers
John

Ok no worries, I'll catch up with you all at Lotherton.

I didn't make it to Cockermouth, I had to get back for the cricket, so ended up doing this instead:

https://goo.gl/maps/pgrBkpdMYo1HmMFt5

The road from Torver up to Ambleside is epic, especially if you hit it at 6.30am. And the A684 Kendal to Sedbergh ain't bad either.

Attachments

• windermere_190.jpg
    windermere_190.jpg
    869.6 KB · Views: 2,952
I really like the image of your car 991.2GTS, The calm before the storm over the Lakeland roads... :wink:

Luddite said:
I really like the image of your car 991.2GTS, The calm before the storm over the Lakeland roads... :wink:

Thanks. I was looking to head over that way again on Sunday, but the weather isn't looking great for the Lakes. So I may go east, Whitby is looking good.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back