Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Thoughts

Nice, but I'd be sending to OPC for a PPI none the less. Location of seller makes me nervous, along with Liverpool, Bradford and Knaresborough :nooo:

The price is what is because it's a Cat S.

The dreaded front Strut Tower Failure ...... I wonder how good the repairs are for this problem ...... anyone read any reports?

Yep overpriced if a cat s, cake and eat it springs to mind ie will have been paid out / bought back from Insurance and wants close to none cat money :hand:

Nice private reg though, worth x3 the cars value :thumb:

How common is front strut tower failure?

I'm guessing it's expensive if the car was written off. Do Porsche not repair?

Jesus Christ!

This is common?[/img]

Attachments

• 1258a901_ff09_453b_86a3_84c6a2123c81_713.jpeg
    1258a901_ff09_453b_86a3_84c6a2123c81_713.jpeg
    77.5 KB · Views: 3,774
Unfortunately there have been several cases of this failure ...... no ..... it isn't good ...... :(

p.s. As for the actual number I don't think Porsche would be willing to divulge.

madalaa said:
Unfortunately there have been several cases of this failure ...... no ..... it isn't good ...... :(

p.s. As for the actual number I don't think Porsche would be willing to divulge.

I'm genuinely shocked. That is awful.

infrasilver said:
I would be interested to see the repair and also the new bracing that has been fitted.

I had a 4 cat D/N vans inspected before I bought my truck.

After each inspection the engineer told me they had never seen a repaired car they would buy.

No way I would take a chance on this.

Kev.K said:
Jesus Christ!

This is common?[/img]

Re the part that has failed:

991 501 478 00 Suspension strut mounting right; or

991 501 477 00 Suspension strut mounting left

According to the PET catalogues this part is common to certainly the 991 GT3 and the 718 Boxster - so most likely the same parts have been fitted in every 991.1, 991.2, 981 and 982.

Porsche have made a lot of those in the last few years (!) so I think we'd hear more about this problem if it were genuinely a common failure.

Fingers crossed it is just a few isolated cases.

Madalla says "p.s. As for the actual number I don't think Porsche would be willing to divulge". Correct, like the number of M96 engines they replaced under warranty for IMS bearing failure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back