Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 Exhaust mufflers.

Thafrix said:
I also have the Gert RSR boxes

Sound amazing and my only regret is not doing it sooner

He sent me a pair, I put them on the car and then he bought my old ones back - this was a few months ago though

Good luck

Thank you for all the recommendations, I am very grateful for the advice. RSRs it will be I reckon and I would like to purchase new from Gert apart from price. Perhaps the exchange rate will change? Wishful thinking!

All the best
Mike

Thafrix said:
I also have the Gert RSR boxes

Sound amazing and my only regret is not doing it sooner

He sent me a pair, I put them on the car and then he bought my old ones back - this was a few months ago though

Good luck

Thank you for all the recommendations, I am very grateful for the advice. RSRs it will be I reckon and I would like to purchase new from Gert apart from price. Perhaps the exchange rate will change? Wishful thinking!

All the best
Mike

993 exhaust mufflers

i have finally decided not to do any more trackdays in the 993 .the car is just to soft and wollows through the corners .im also not going to compromise and get racing suspension fitted .the car already has rs engine mounts and ebach pro sport springs mitchelin pilots sport 4s. sorted at center of gravity. and is a fantasic fast road car .I rag it on early morning hoones a challenge keeping up with modern stuff . the bog standard exhaust shows 102 db at brands and donnington . so I couldn't modify it .but now its not a problem .has anyone tried the haywood and scott bypass pipe . quiet cheap if you remove your own exhaust .

I gather Fisters and Cargraphic also do some well-made and quite fruity sounding options...anyone got any experience (as this is something I am considering too)?

SCART also sound great - think nickjones has these?

Hi

Exhausts are certainly a "look before you leap" thing because if you cross the line into what could be considered antisocial territory noise wise, it will just be a pain or embarrassment.

My solution was to have Gert's 100 cell cats put inside the standard enclosure and use the standard rear boxes. Its certainly louder, but not that penetrating deep boom. It was a PITA for the welder who did it though, and he told me it was a never again for him.

Berni

got the hayward and scott bypass pipes done took the exhaust off and replaced myself needed new bands and nut and bolts cost me around £230 luv it

I went for brand new Carnewal RSRs in the end. :nooo:

I've read nothing but praise for these and the sound they make but I've been massively disappointed so far. There's a terrible boomy resonance at cruising speed between two and three thousand revs which I'm really surprised about because everything I've read says this shouldn't be an issue with these. They were fitted by Precision, so I'm confident it was done correctly.

Gert says they need 100 miles for the car's computer to readjust and I've done about 250 miles now with no improvement.

Has anyone else experienced droning issues with these or have I just been unlucky with a duff pair? Do I need to give them more miles or is what they're like now how they're going to continue to sound? I'd be interested to know if anyone else had this issue and it went away after time.

My previous boxes had been modified and sounded amazing without any drone whatsoever. I'm considering getting these patched up and put back on but don't want to incur the extra expense if it's just a matter of giving the RSRs more time to bed in.

It's really brought home to me just how much of my enjoyment of this car was gained from the sound it made. I've not felt like driving it much since the new boxes went on. :sad:

I had the exact same issue with RSRs which was only solved by replacing my original (and probably worn) engine mounts with RS version.

Leosayer said:
I had the exact same issue with RSRs which was only solved by replacing my original (and probably worn) engine mounts with RS version.

Thanks. That's something I hadn't considered.

It had C4 mounts fitted 8 years/12,000 miles ago. I'd have thought they should still be decent but don't know. :dont know:

I had mine modified along with 200 cell cats and have had no problem at all, may be brand new it takes longer?

I had Carnewal RSRs on my 993 ........ no droning whatsoever and made the car sound great ....... not too loud but just right ....... they were not brand new but were exchange replacements ....... my car was a C4.

If i'm honest I'm this camp a little, I had brand news RSR's from Gert which are a bit droney and pretty quiet to be honest I was thinking about the 200 cell cat exchange with Gert myself, and ideas what diffeerence that will make?.

Trev

Cameltoe & Heel said:
If i'm honest I'm this camp a little, I had brand news RSR's from Gert which are a bit droney and pretty quiet to be honest I was thinking about the 200 cell cat exchange with Gert myself, and ideas what diffeerence that will make?.

Trev
Did the 200 cell in the summer. The exhaust character remained the same, however it was about 10% louder and slightly more bassy. Regretted initially for not doing the 100 cell as I was struggling to hear where my money was spent.
But after a new map from Wayne, i would say it sounds just right.
I think 100cell and new map may have been too loud for me.

I drove over to see Gert and had the RSR modification done to my mufflers, he also fitted HJS 200 cell cats and big oval tips. Sounded good and was much improved after visiting Wayne at Chip Wizards for a remap. The icing on the cake was having the exhaust bypass done, no droning and sounds just right.

Jobay90 said:
I drove over to see Gert and had the RSR modification done to my mufflers, he also fitted HJS 200 cell cats and big oval tips. Sounded good and was much improved after visiting Wayne at Chip Wizards for a remap. The icing on the cake was having the exhaust bypass done, no droning and sounds just right.

Was it the bypass as per the attached picture? On the CRSRs?

These are what the CRSRs replaced and the sound was superb. If I can't repair these I wondered about doing the bypass again but didn't know if it would be too much on top of the CRSR existing mod.

I'd love the Chip Wizards remap but it's too far away from me. I honestly couldn't cope with the droning for that length of journey! :what:

Attachments

• 5315f6d1_4e02_4303_affe_6fd27e015394_139.jpeg
    5315f6d1_4e02_4303_affe_6fd27e015394_139.jpeg
    763.5 KB · Views: 2,151

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrew bulloch7
Back