Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Gmund Cars Ltd & Andrew Mearns FRAUD £1Million stolen

Kryton said:
Could you put up a link to it, please?

I guess it depends on your individual settings but I'm seeing it on Page 21 of this thread.

Posted....... Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:02 pm Post subject: Another victim

And, as of today, the Gmund Cars website is no longer functioning.

I can sympathise with some of the OPs on here that have lost money and I've had my share of historic financial loss and grief in dealing with Mearns (and, IMHO, his wife who I suspect was his legal adviser behind the scenes) but this is a significant step in denting his ability to affect any other hard-working Porsche enthusiasts.

Good riddance.

Dicker said:

I can sympathise with some of the OPs on here that have lost money and I've had my share of historic financial loss and grief in dealing with Mearns (and, IMHO, his wife who I suspect was his legal adviser behind the scenes) but this is a significant step in denting his ability to affect any other hard-working Porsche enthusiasts.

Good riddance.

Probably hasn't paid his hosting web bills.

Except the domain address has been renewed on 04 Jul 2019 for another year, so clearly all is not what it seems.

911UK said:
Dicker said:

Good riddance.

Probably hasn't paid his hosting web bills.

Except the domain address has been renewed on 04 Jul 2019 for another year, so clearly all is not what it seems.

And we'll all be looking out for his next venture! :roll:

Re the web-hosting renewal; I suspect that it's an automatic direct debit, that just ticks over. If the company is in administration then Mearns may not have access to his accounts and his cards, listed with the hosting firm, haven't been cancelled yet.

Just a thought.

Dicker said:
Re the web-hosting renewal; I suspect that it's an automatic direct debit, that just ticks over. If the company is in administration then Mearns may not have access to his accounts and his cards, listed with the hosting firm, haven't been cancelled yet.

Just a thought.
Yes, that exact thought occurred to me too; it's a nominal fee, but important. Precisely the sort of renewal you automate.

Companies house records the appointment of an administrator (10/07/19)

:judge:

Case number 1 "” In administration

Administration started
21 June 2019
Practitioner
Julian Pitts
Fourth Floor, Toronto Square Toronto Street, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS1 2HJ
Practitioner
Richard Kenworthy
Fourth Floor Toronto Square, Toronto Street, Leeds, LS1 2HJ

In case anyone missed it earlier in the thread and needs to register an interest as a creditor .....

Date of Appointment: 21 June 2019

Names and Address of Administrators: Julian Pitts (IP No. 007851) and Richard Kenworthy (IP No. 009499) both of Begbies Traynor (Central) LLP, Fourth Floor, Toronto Square, Toronto Street, Leeds, LS1 2HJ

Any person who requires further information may contact Amelia Blythe of Begbies Traynor (Central) LLP by email at [email protected] or by telephone on 0113 244 0044.

Lots of nice miscellaneous assets in the auction I wonder who has bid low on so many items already? As Jonttt says (potentially)where are the best bits? In my experience a lot of assets melt away or are 'misappropriated' prior to the demise of a company and the rest gets sold for about 10% of its worth.

More importantly has a date been set for a creditors meeting, I hope a forum member can attend and report back. Will the OP and/or other victims be listed as creditors and be able to attend? If not perhaps they should consider buying a small trade creditor debt enabling them to go and witness Mearns performance, it could be of Oscar winning stature. Will Sammy be there to collect the best supporting actress prize?

What's the betting on him blaming a recent downturn in trading for his downfall - if not BREXIT!

Good luck to Pagoda and any other victims I hope you all get every penny back, if not we all enjoyed the ride, expensive though it was.

Administration?

Not quite sure why they are trying to sell off some ropy old garage equipment.

I thought the the role of the Administrator as stated on BT own website was as follows:

1. Rescue the company as a going concern – if this is not possible:
2. Achieve a better result for company creditors as a whole than would be possible if the company was liquidated – or if that is not possible:
Realise company property for the benefit of one or more secured or preferential creditors

As I understand it... it wasn't a voluntary liquidation - someone filed a winding up petition. From that point onwards the liquidators can't do much else other than to establish ownership of all assets and to see the ones deemed owned by Gmund and then to divvy up the proceeds among the creditors. I'll venture a guess that the landlord wants everything out as well so that the property can be rented again so there's a bit a time pressure too.

I see in the photos of the Porsche sign that there are reflections in the glass window of a Porsche tractor and a 356 coupe behind the photographer - presumably they are not Gmund's property or are being auctioned elsewhere?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back