Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

2001 C4 project car

It might be interesting to try it with an impact driver, a lighter weight cordless model rather than the heavy duty mains models that rip things apart!

wasz said:
This is great! You seem to repeat the first minute or so though.

Really helps in knowing whats likely to come out.

What brand of extractor did you use?

Cheers.

Video updated to remove the repeated section and add details of the extractor. Link updated.

MC

MisterCorn said:
Things are happening on the bodywork finally.

Blimey, this project hasn't half aged you. :grin:

T8 said:
MisterCorn said:
Things are happening on the bodywork finally.

Blimey, this project hasn't half aged you. :grin:

Not really, you just haven't seen me in my work gear without having done my hair and makeup before.

MC

Things are starting to happen on the engine front. I wouldn't get too excited though, the finished article is a long way off.

MC

Work of art.

Final dings being removed from the bodywork before the roof is swapped. Both rear arches have now been rolled.

MC

Always knew BMW were useful for something.......propping up your motor. :grin:

Not only are they useful as axle stands, but they also supply the connectors and pins for the instrument wiring. I needed some extra contacts to get data in and out of the cluster and the parts are from BMW.

After much searching they can be ordered in one-offs for 40p each from my local Sytner :)

Yesterday I picked up the new tappet chest which has had the oil baths for the inlet camshaft reprofiled as they were hitting on the camshaft cover. It now has some clearance.

I need to get this deburred and thoroughly cleaned, then it can go in the engine.

MC

Development board wired to boxster instruments to test fuel level, coolant temperature, speed, and RPM circuits. I can test the rescaling of the RPM signal, reading of button presses, outout of vehicle speed, rescaling of the coolant temperature and the reading oil temperature.

MC

First test of the rev counter functions. I'll update this with a better video soon with a voiceover.

The display on the pulse generator is in Hz, to convert to RPM multiply by 20. This is starting off at 2000RPM and going up from there. The scaling is set so that the the steps are 2k rpm up to 4k, then 1k from there. So whereas the original scale is 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7 it is now 0,2,4,5,6,7,8,9. No idea if I will run this sort of scale in the final one or just a normal linear scale. It is very easily setable in the firmware.

When the button is pressed for a short time the rev counter will change to show the peak RPM reading. I'd been playing around with it before so the peak isn't the value shown as I wind it up and then down. I press it again to demonstrate that it isn't reset after reading. The third time I press the button again during the display of the peak value which then resets the peak recall.

I hope that makes sense.

MC

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back