Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Hartech 3.9 C4S up for sale

997 Coast said:
I would punt for this for around the same money.

https://www.portiacraft.com/car-detail.php?id=2773

A car we have sold a number of times in lovely condition inside and out with FSH from new and not stratospheric mileage.
This has the 2005 chassis number so one of the last 996 Turbos of the production line.

We have priced this sensibly compared to the market as spring is not quite with us yet.
I doubt there will be many below 40k in the spring.

Checks calendar... :floor: Oh why do sales folk set themselves up for this?

Ghianightmare said:
I'm trying to figure out why he is selling it a year after a considerable investment in the engine.... while he says he has many cars and can't keep them all, it would be interesting to know what he is keeping if the 3.9 is being sold!

Is it just me? Is it not a little strange?

Interestingly I often find bikes or cars that have an engine rebuild with capacity increase often seem to be up for sale about a year later.
I wonder whether the thrill of better performance wanes after that period and it's the same vehicle underneath? Usually for the same money as the old vehicle and rebuild cost you can buy something more modern with better feel and more performance. Having said that if the car was damaged then it needs to be repaired first or sold for less

heed said:
997 Coast said:

A car we have sold a number of times in lovely condition inside and out with FSH from new and not stratospheric mileage.
This has the 2005 chassis number so one of the last 996 Turbos of the production line.

We have priced this sensibly compared to the market as spring is not quite with us yet.
I doubt there will be many below 40k in the spring.

Checks calendar... :floor: Oh why do sales folk set themselves up for this?

Looks like the middle of winter here right now.

Alex said:
He's had the car 5.5 years and fancies a change. He's been considering selling since December. Can't see what's strange about it. Last year cylinder 6 showed signs of scoring diagnosed by Hartech. He decided to have a full rebuild and was given the option of going to 3.9 so he took it.
Sounds like a decent guy who did the right thing to me. Would it be preferable if he'd not had the rebuild, then off loaded it as a trade in to a non Porsche dealer who'd then sell it on to an unsuspecting buyer and end up as a horror story on here like we keep reading? :dont know:

Sounds like a good all round chap to me who knows his stuff (reading the description on PH and some of his other posts in the FB 996 owners group).

I'm not questioning the integrity of the owner or the car, just that using my man math depreciation curve it would be better to keep it for a couple of years... but then again man maths can justify selling after a year if there is a new toy to be acquired!

Man maths can justify anything you like, that is why it is so good. :thumb:
I agree it does seem a little odd, but I am sure it makes sense to the owner.

MC

911munKy said:
Interestingly I often find bikes or cars that have an engine rebuild with capacity increase often seem to be up for sale about a year later.

Now Im wondering what I'll be doing in August 2020! I'm due to get mine back form Hartech at the end of July-ish 2019!
:?:

I spent yesterday at a car show and nothing really grabbed my attention other than a Unimog and a T25 Camper... and the wife would flip if i arrived home with one of those! It was easier to get her to agree to the 3.9 conversion! :grin:

MisterCorn said:
Man maths can justify anything you like, that is why it is so good. :thumb:
MC

There was a Renault 16 at the car show I visited yesterday. It was a 1976 I think and it was immaculate. The current Irish owner bought it from the original UK owners family in 2003. It had 1,500 miles on it. Yes - one thousand five hundred miles!

The story was that the original owner parked it in his garage, reversed it out on to the driveway every Sunday and listened to the radio and read the news paper. Then it was driven back in. For the annual holiday, the owner would use his Morris work van. While the body needed some work due to nearly 30 years in a dampish garage, the interior is still like new...and still is today

So the entire purpose of the car seems to have been to get some peace and quiet away form the wife and kids! Now that is man maths!

997 Coast said:

If I may be permitted a small thread deviation, this appears to have similar centre caps to my new Turbo, namely "silver" rather than black writing. Until now, I had not seen another (although have not looked at many). Is this a thing - or just the colour having faded over the years?

If I may not, please carry on......

FWIW, I can see the appeal of this car. Yes, it is knocking on turbo prices but some will prefer the non-turbo, and even more so with an engine that I am guessing would more than keep up with the turbo until "banzai" boost is reached!

jboy said:
997 Coast said:

If I may be permitted a small thread deviation, this appears to have similar centre caps to my new Turbo, namely "silver" rather than black writing. Until now, I had not seen another (although have not looked at many). Is this a thing - or just the colour having faded over the years?

FWIW, I can see the appeal of this car. Yes, it is knocking on turbo prices but some will prefer the non-turbo, and even more so with an engine that I am guessing would more than keep up with the turbo until "banzai" boost is reached!

Hmm but its still a 996 :dont know: The one above is a 996 turbo :thumb: even if the hartech was a 4.9 id still go Mezger... Come on ALex, this turbo has your name on it!

tipcronic.

Not for me. Would have to be a manual.

spongebob squarepants said:
jboy said:
997 Coast said:

Hmm but its still a 996 :dont know: The one above is a 996 turbo :thumb: even if the hartech was a 4.9 id still go Mezger... Come on ALex, this turbo has your name on it!

Well, since I did go for a Mezger only 3 weeks ago I would struggle to disagree with your logic!

^^^ Exactly.

If you're spending Mezger money, get the Mezger.
Bombproof and more exciting, oh and did I mention bombproof.

My guess is that it maybe wasn't floating the guys boat as much as he'd like, before the engine went wrong. Then faced with a big bill he maybe thought 'I'll 3.9 it and hope that does it for me". It still doesn't, so he's selling.

Completely made up by me and may be totally wrong but that's the only reason I can think of choosing 3.9 over 3.6, to then sell so soon.

I was at that stage with my C2. It never quite excited me as much as I'd hoped and given the choice of keeping it and maybe facing a rebuild one day, or selling and getting a GT3, it was an easy decision.

It looks nice that 4S but at £31k it wouldn't be for me. I'd save a bit and get a gen2 997 2WD.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back