Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

DSC Sport Plug and Play PASM upgrade

Received today :thumb:

On the box it's printed 02-0997-06-v3-9972. The controller itself has 9972 written with black marker pen.

Is this the correct controller? I ordered a v1.

TIA.

Jcx said:
OK Folks. I think my 997.2 Turbo is on its way... and my DSC V1 is available to buy enjoy.

So, £775 buys my DSC V1 which will be shipped to UK & NI addresses, fully tracked and insured for the full value.

AFAIK there are no moving parts so no mechanical wear from use. Hence, this is a 30%+ saving over the recent group buy price of £1,020.

PM me for details.

PM sent :thumb:

Thx for your interest folks. Mine sold within hours. These units rock.

:grin:
I was shot down in flames for offering my V1 on here for far less!!
997.2 is the correct felt tip marking for the V1 for those wondering.

So it was you!

I tried to sell mine just after and everyone said it was too expensive as you'd sold yours for £6##. As Joe says they have no moving parts so are not prone to wearing out!

I still have mine as I kept the car and as Turbo prices seem to be softening looks like I might have it a while longer.
My cars due a 4 yr major service so I can swap the box out with the OEM one then switch it back later.

I'm now after one :)

So if anyone is thinking of selling PM me :thumb:

Received mine yesterday & fitted in the afternoon.
Nice & easy 10 minute job.

Even pulling out of my drive down the street, I swear it felt smoother!
Took the car out one of my favourite B roads for a quick test drive & that's where it's really noticeable. There are some bumpy bends early on which would cause the car to bounce if I attempted to run in sports mode previously & it soaked them up with ease.
Not travelled that far, but early impressions feel like it's modernised the handling completely!

As a side note, the box looks like it's a V3, & the unit is marked 997.2, but I spoke to 9E, & they confirmed it is the correct unit for a Gen.1 even if it looks a different colour from the website. (Mustard instead of off white) I guess it must be simply a change in manufacturing as they only make one unit that shape now apparently.

Scholester said:
:grin:
I was shot down in flames for offering my V1 on here for far less!!
997.2 is the correct felt tip marking for the V1 for those wondering.

As a side note, the box looks like it's a V3, & the unit is marked 997.2, but I spoke to 9E, & they confirmed it is the correct unit for a Gen.1 even if it looks a different colour from the website. (Mustard instead of off white) I guess it must be simply a change in manufacturing as they only make one unit that shape now apparently.

:thumb:

easternjets said:
So it was you!

I tried to sell mine just after and everyone said it was too expensive as you'd sold yours for £6##. As Joe says they have no moving parts so are not prone to wearing out!

I still have mine as I kept the car and as Turbo prices seem to be softening looks like I might have it a while longer.
My cars due a 4 yr major service so I can swap the box out with the OEM one then switch it back later.
The forum :cop: had me scuttling back into my hole as I was offering the unit to market at a few more pounds than I had paid the original owner! It had sat in a corner waiting for me to remember to fit it when someone was after one so thought I would pass it on.
Apparently they are top drawer bit it still sits in mine :what: So no, I didn't sell it for £6**
:hand:
Scholester.

Received today, fitted this evening.

A couple of back-to-back comparison runs over the A18 Mountain Road to The Bungalow confirms a much-reduced level of PASM-sport mode "bobble".

Both DSC modes seem more fluid than stock which gives more confidence in fast curves.

DSC-sport feels as if it would be usable day-to-day but with just an extra level of body control and responsiveness compared to DSC-normal.

Just fitted mine this afternoon. I was a bit lazy (because I couldn't find the power wires in the upper wiring loom) and took power from the cigarette lighter socket cables for the accelerometer. My only concern is that this isn't ignition switched so there may be a draw on the battery when the car's locked but I can't imagine it draws thaaaat much power. I guess we'll see...

I was getting about 0.3v difference between the two CAN cables at the plug for the accelerometer - does that sound correct?

In terms of the ride change, it's not a dramatic difference in normal mode but it feels like it's taken some of "crashiness" out of bumps. Sport mode is definitely more usable on the road and the car feels less wallowy (not that it was very before!)

I think I'll withhold final judgement until I can drive it on some more entertaining roads tomorrow.

Fitted mine today, use the power from the switch panel. That is red with a grey tracer as the instructions and is ignition switched. The earth has an eye on it that goes on the stud holding the airbag unit. I removed my complete centre console as it made access so much easier and took advantage to do a couple of other jobs at the same time.
Took it for a drive, sport now only switches sport mode on and doesn't switch the shocks as well as before. They have to be individually switched now. No big deal but it is different. It is different describes how I feel about the ride. Now I only did twenty odd miles so not a full road test! I think sport now is much more useable and is what it should have been originally, but normal is way too tame, I know it is for american taste but too much. Drives like our Passat now. Too much lean and body roll. I will have to play with the programming I think. Is it worth £1300 ? No, I'm afraid not, not as it stands anyway. I reserve judgement as to whether I can get a reasonable compromise in 'normal" mode. Please note though this is not in any way being laid at the door of the team at 9e they have been excellent but at the US manufacturer. I will revisit this thread after a few hundred miles and see if my view has changed.

Think you must have a problem with your set up as on my car it's totally different. In Sport it is a lot more supple but in normal mode it is very flat in the corners and body roll is virtually eliminated, it's also a lot more 'comfortable' to drive.

After another couple of hours of normal driving, I think my feelings about the system have improved. To begin with, I think I was focusing too much for a difference in the ride over broken road surfaces (thanks to there being so many of them everywhere...) and it doesn't really make much difference to them.

However, while driving along normal roads and thinking about other things, on several occasions I've been struck by how nice the ride is in normal mode. The car just seems to flow better over bumps and undulations and I can't say I've noticed any increased roll or pitch in normal mode. I haven't really had an opportunity to try sport mode properly but, as has been previously mentioned, it no longer feels like sitting on a tea tray going down a flight of stairs.

Obviously, subjective opinions from a layman are often deeply flawed (especially after having spent a large amount of money) but I'm going to see how I get on with it over the next few weeks before making a final judgement.

It's really interesting to hear a new set of reviews.

I removed my DSCv1 before putting my car up for sale last year and after it didn't sell I didn't refit the unit until I'd driven it for a month.

During that month I rediscovered my love for the car and seriously considered selling the DSCv1 as it seemed superfluous. I kept it in the car and at the breakfast stop during a Sunday morning cross-country jaunt with friends got a mate to refit it for me.

As soon as we recommenced the drive the difference was noticeable. It does seem expensive for what it is but what it does in transforming a great car into an even better one is amazing.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back