Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Taycan - Frankfurt Motor Show?

Undoubtedly will be a great success , but totally underwhelmed as expected at the sound , or lack of, I just cannot imagine the hairs on the back of my neck standing up at the ' whooooosh'''' as it goes by ...

Compare it to the sound of the newly unveiled RSR ( now that is spine tingling) and it explains why most of us 'chaps of a certain age' just don't subscribe to the EV........

T

I was hoping for something with sci-fi styling after all the mission E marketing and static prototype last year at goodwood/museum. Disappointing styling that reminds me of this...

Attachments

• d7237d68_d2c4_40dc_818f_dccb262746ce_422.jpeg
    d7237d68_d2c4_40dc_818f_dccb262746ce_422.jpeg
    199.7 KB · Views: 6,751
G2 said:
I was hoping for something with sci-fi styling after all the mission E marketing and static prototype last year at goodwood/museum.

Disappointing styling ..........

But for many it's the holy grail, the long awaited '4 door 911'.

If the petrol engined version, first touted in 2008, had been around for a few years I'd be in one by now.

I doubt that I'll still be driving when e-cars are commonplace but if I am I'll be the old guy in a Taycan. :)

This is what a 2 door Panamera would look like, not my cup of tea in the looks department.

Gottans said:
This is what a 2 door Panamera would look like

:?

The Taycan has got 4 doors

As a daily to replace the Macan, it'll do! :wink:

I'm looking forward to see how it stacks up against the Tesla Model S and what the driving dynamics are like. If Porsche are true to form, it'll be fun to drive.

T8 said:
Gottans said:
This is what a 2 door Panamera would look like

:?

The Taycan has got 4 doors

Got me there, should look more closely.

Still not keen on the looks of the production version, the concept looked very good but lost a lot in translation in the window line towards the rear of the car.

911TEL said:
Undoubtedly will be a great success , but totally underwhelmed as expected at the sound , or lack of, I just cannot imagine the hairs on the back of my neck standing up at the ' whooooosh'''' as it goes by ...

Compare it to the sound of the newly unveiled RSR ( now that is spine tingling) and it explains why most of us 'chaps of a certain age' just don't subscribe to the EV........

T

I want an EV that sounds like this... @35 secs for the impatient.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bFShHZv4wk

Not interested in this Dung Beatle sorry :pc:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpc
Back