Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What did you buy your 993 this week ?

By chance I stumbled across a post in this forum about the MPL clutch slave cylinder. The clutch pedal has always been very firm on the car, so I thought I would give it a try. So today I had one fitted. WOW what a difference it makes, the clutch pedal is so much lighter. I would definitely recommend this mod. I now no longer need to do leg presses down the gym :)

A big thanks to those that have fitted one and posted on this forum.

170k and the injectors have never been touched. Had them refurbed on the 944 can't say I noticed any difference. Bit more involved on the 993 so I thought I'd try Redex. Did about 50 miles on Sunday after a fill up and at start this morning it seemed much smoother at idle and pick up better.
I'm always a bit suspicious of additives but it seems to work.

Caliper refurb, brake and suspension updates all to be fitted this week.

A second hand oem window switch to replace the non oem wobbly one the car came to me with, a much better condition gear stick, carpet retainer to replace the cracked one and two door bins without cracks.

Darthmjh said:
By chance I stumbled across a post in this forum about the MPL clutch slave cylinder. The clutch pedal has always been very firm on the car, so I thought I would give it a try. So today I had one fitted. WOW what a difference it makes, the clutch pedal is so much lighter. I would definitely recommend this mod. I now no longer need to do leg presses down the gym :)

A big thanks to those that have fitted one and posted on this forum.

Its one of those most that you just think 'why wouldn't you" :thumb:

Found myself on the Shelf..

Attachments

• whatsapp_image_2019_07_05_at_202347_150.jpeg
    whatsapp_image_2019_07_05_at_202347_150.jpeg
    268 KB · Views: 3,148
PC based Diagnose Tool UDT999
I already have Tore's Scantool adapter which has been very useful especially locating a faulty ABS sensor but the scantool software is a bit limited.
Good reports from the States on it's functions.
http://jenniskens.livedsl.nl/diag/diag.htm

I had a leak from the filler pipe to tank union and topped the oil up after refitting, too much !
In our clogged local roads, on a very hot day I eventually got free and floored it, horror when clouds of oil smoke poured out of the back. Guage was up to half way but oil had shot into the intake and was pouring out of the filter housing. Gently drove home and pulled the filter box and MAF gave it all a good clean and new filter.
So bit of a puzzle I was so careful not to overfill.
Started fine and pulled the r/h headlight pod to check themostat was opening at correct temp, fans working at both speeds. Dip stick reads 1/2 way up twisty, guage in red which is what I had before but I had lost a litre oil oil. I can only suspect some kind of surge in the tank when I floored it. No damage done only a new pair of underpants.

I will probably do another thread for this but...Christian Sanger has been working his magic on the car. Suspension completely overhauled - Koni FSD dampers with M033 springs, new or reconditioned parts for everything else pretty much as it was apparently all 'very original"...not ideal after 24 years and 100k miles. Now running at RS ride height +10mm, albeit still on Cup 2s.

Sorted out some significant oil leaks by replacing both lower and upper gaskets and covers. Tore's HID kit (amazing difference) and Christian's own solution for the main beam (like driving with daylight...actually feel bad flashing people).

And the icing on the cake is...factory Carrera RS aerokit (M002 option) fitted.

Nice spec - same as mine with the exception of the body kit. I did try 18's and swapped back to the Cup 2 although genuine RS Speedlines would look awesome.....go on then what is the solution for the main beam - enquiring minds and all that.

Ashamed to say haven't even needed to buy fuel this year.....I'll get my coat!

Whilst the centre console is at the trimmers having the new Southbound leather applied, took the opportunity of buying a new, leather clad, handbrake lever. That completes the upgrade of touch point trim and the leather interior from the back up to the steering wheel.

pierrebear said:
I will probably do another thread for this but...

Now running at RS ride height +10mm, albeit still on Cup 2s.

And the icing on the cake is...factory Carrera RS aerokit (M002 option) fitted.
Really wanna see a photo of this.. 8)

Picked up the final Piece to my RS Puzzle on Saturday from a nice chap in the M25 Cobham Services..!

Was a great excuse to get the 968 Sport out for a blat too, Sunny Morning Traffic notwithstanding.. :roll:

Attachments

• whatsapp_image_2019_07_13_at_101400_602.jpeg
    whatsapp_image_2019_07_13_at_101400_602.jpeg
    189 KB · Views: 2,846

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back