Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Gmund Cars Ltd & Andrew Mearns FRAUD £1Million stolen

That's an old charge (2014 iirc) and the way I interpreted it was that they were probably cars used to secure a loan from a private trust.

Release from charge

Filings says they have been released from charge Nov 15 - wonder if they still sitting around somewhere?

I have today sent this email to the aoointed administrators of Gmund ....

Hi Amelia,

With reference to Gmund cars which I am led to believe your company now act for I thought it relevant to point you to the following internet car forum where there are some very disgruntled potential creditors of the company which the company records may not identify.

If you contact the site administrators I'm sure they would allow you to post asking for potential creditors to contact you etc......

Nb there is a suspicion of fraud involved in the history of this companies trading activities which you should be aware of as part of your duties to creditors.

Well done.

I wouldn't be surprised if they don't actually take you up on your offer (in terms of contacting administrators of a public forum) but they might at least advise you of how/where to write or otherwise lodge a claim.

jonttt said:

Hi Amelia,

With reference to Gmund cars which I am led to believe your company now act for I thought it relevant to point you to the following internet car forum where there are some very disgruntled potential creditors of the company which the company records may not identify.

If you contact the site administrators I'm sure they would allow you to post asking for potential creditors to contact you etc......

Nb there is a suspicion of fraud involved in the history of this companies trading activities which you should be aware of as part of your duties to creditors.

Cheers Jonttt, interest lodged, as weeks in this sh*tty matter go, this has been a good one, plenty progress. Can't say any more at this stage but, if I were Andrew, I wouldn't be planning any launch parties for a phoenix business any time soon...

I hope his underpants are full of the brown.

Pagoda1966 said:
....as weeks in this sh*tty matter go, this has been a good one, plenty progress. Can't say any more at this stage but, if I were Andrew, I wouldn't be planning any launch parties for a phoenix business any time soon...

Fingers crossed for any outcome that gives you and others some comfort.

Pagoda1966 said:
jonttt said:

Hi Amelia,

Cheers Jonttt, interest lodged, as weeks in this sh*tty matter go, this has been a good one, plenty progress. Can't say any more at this stage but, if I were Andrew, I wouldn't be planning any launch parties for a phoenix business any time soon...

Good luck :thumb:

All the best JonTT

I had a cheque this week from the administrators of a business that owed me some money.

4p.

Can't decide what to do with it all yet.

I've had no dealings with Gmund, just hate people getting ripped off like this by thieving scumbags like Mearns :judge:

What right they have to think they can just walk away and potentially setup again whilst the wife is paid from the public purse and they enjoy a 'nice" lifestyle instead of sacrificing to repay what they owe is a big no no for me. They may try to hide behind a Limited liability but that does not mitigate their fraudulent conduct :judge:

Marcusp said:
Kryton said:
Marcusp, what an absolute arse*ole Mearns is, deliberately damaging bores it beggars belief!!!!

Good on you for posting :)

I don't want to believe it was done deliberately, more likely that they are completely inept and dropped something in the bore and tried to make out it was already like that due to 'running rich'.

Baring in mind that I'd seen the engine with the head off and prior to Gmund, the car ran perfect with no smoke and no excessive oil consumption, they said that they didn't notice it earlier when they were examining it due to (in their exact words) "I think we all missed it due to the lean of the engine with it still in the car", how?! It's not a boxer engine, it's upright 4 cyl! Attached is the picture of the bore damage.

I just angry with myself for believing the utter bo**ocks.

Just a far-fetched thought... can you check your engine number to see if it matches your V5? Given some of the stunts Gmund pulled it doesn't seem beyond them to have put your engine into a different car and then said you have a duff one. This is obviously all conjecture/speculation/paranoia at this point...

ShadesOfRed said:
Just a far-fetched thought... can you check your engine number to see if it matches your V5? Given some of the stunts Gmund pulled it doesn't seem beyond them to have put your engine into a different car and then said you have a duff one. This is obviously all conjecture/speculation/paranoia at this point...

Unfortunately not as I have no idea where that engine currently is, it never re-emerged the only remaining part left with the car was the dizzy cap and leads :x

Marcusp said:
Unfortunately not as I have no idea where that engine currently is, it never re-emerged the only remaining part left with the car was the dizzy cap and leads :x

I've just located and read your story. It's just sickeningly bad. I feel for you.

FDub said:
Marcusp said:

I've just located and read your story. It's just sickeningly bad. I feel for you.

Could you put up a link to it, please?

jonttt said:

Hi Amelia,

With reference to Gmund cars which I am led to believe your company now act for.

Good for you :thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back