Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

2002 996 What exhaust silencers ?

Bag o' Pants!

sunburn said:
Mild sport out of stock at the moment @top gear Dansk are available from carpart4less @ £574.52 inc fitting kit with code WEEKEND17 but like yourself not very keen on them after reading the forum here.

Yes mate,not keen on them after the reviews I've read

Bit pricier but I've been eyeing up the Tubi Style exhausts - they make aftermarket exhausts for all sorts of exotic cars and they are hand made in Italy. I especially like it the R (loud) version which is demonstrated in the video below. They don't appear to have that droney sound that the "budget" sports exhausts seem to have and sound like a more higher pitched noise that only gets loud if you really stomp the throttle pedal.

I watched endless videos of the topgear exhausts and whilst they are good value and look well made I just don't like the sound. Its definitely a personal thing so make sure you listen to a few before you buy.

https://youtu.be/moMTLiEuBhE

I went for Milltek Sport with top gear manifolds and sport CAT.

I get people complementing me on the sound. They bring a smile to my face every time I drive

I'm not sure about the mild or sports-only exhaust, but the Top Gear switchable exhaust is also the Design Tek switchable exhaust.

So you may find that one of the Design Tek exhausts on Design911 is the Top Gear mild one.

I'd prefer getting it from Top Gear though for the lifetime warranty.

INWB said:
I went for Milltek Sport with top gear manifolds and sport CAT.

I get people complementing me on the sound. They bring a smile to my face every time I drive

I'm stuck between the Milltek and the Tubi exhaust now... the latter being over £1k and the former under £800...

I've read that the Milltek can be a bit quiet and very similar to the factory system - but I'm looking for a bit more bark and scream at revs which is what has drawn me to the Tubi (pops and crackles on overrun etc)

Previous owner of my car fitted a miltek before i got it and it sounds great I have had the car 7-8 years now and it's still going strong it has a sound like a tubi from 4K rpm and just a bit more throaty at tickover

I should say that's with oem cat and mannifolds

Worth a look at Cargraphics. I got the sport version fitted by Parr. Throaty but not too loud at start up then a decent bark from three thousand revs. The car sounds glorious down straights on track days but is easy to live with day to day. Good weight saving and apparently torque and power are up a little - seat of the pants its hard to tell.

Winny911 said:
Previous owner of my car fitted a miltek before i got it and it sounds great I have had the car 7-8 years now and it's still going strong it has a sound like a tubi from 4K rpm and just a bit more throaty at tickover

I should say that's with oem cat and mannifolds

Well I've ordered the Milltek after listening to as many videos as I could find - do like the sound of the Tubi but couldn't justify the extra cost really!

Thanks! :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back