Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

WANTED: 99611198501 or 99611198401

Harvster

One of my vacuum units on the sports exhaust mufflers (passenger side if it matters) has broken somehow. I wondered if anybody had replaced their PSE due to knackered boxes and still had the vacuum unit available???

Might be a long shot..!

Attachments

• 2a07500c_4b8f_4555_8783_ea4c043d33d9_126.jpeg
    2a07500c_4b8f_4555_8783_ea4c043d33d9_126.jpeg
    188.8 KB · Views: 1,214
Interesting, but they don't look like what is currently on. I wouldn't know where to start!

Hertzdriver - I am not sure, I am doing some work on my PSE so currently have the bumper off etc. They are visible but it doesn't move on the switch like the drivers side one does. It is not snapped at the end that I can see (on the ball joint), can it snap at the other end?

I will just buy a replacement from design911 if necessary... but thought there must be somebody who has changed out their exhaust because of split seams etc. and might have one lying around...?

Are you sure its just not been disconnected? a lot of people remove the clip so that its open all the time... the valves int he exhaust themselves do often stick, so the actuator might look like it isnt working but its just because the flap has rusted open or shut. I would remove the linkage from the actuator and see if the flap moves first, you can also then check the actuator works once its disconnected by pressing the button

Hertzdriver - Ok, I might need a bit of guidance with this then as you contradict what I thought....I'll explain:

When the engine is off, I thought the 'flaps" were closed. Once I start the engine the actuator on the right hand side opens automatically. If I press the PSE button on the dash the actuator moves to what I assumed was closing the flaps and quietening the exhaust. When the engine is turned off, it automatically closes up again.

Correct me if I'm wrong on this!

I can manually push both actuators with the engine off and it makes a pop sound so I don't think anything is seized up...

I'm in no way mechanically minded so may be all completely wrong but would be happy to be guided!

Thank you.

I will add... when I bought the car the clip was unplugged. I re-attached it. If it was disconnected this would stop both from working thought wouldn't it, not just the left side...?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back