Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 C4S rear shocks, rebuild?

Riccardo

Monza
Hello,

I am considering, based on initial suggestion from my indy, to have my rear shock absorbers replaced.

From initial research I understand that Bilstein UK (oem supplier) can refurbish these. This would have a huge saving on cost!

Has anyone gone down this route?

Also, in case of alternatives, what should I replace with? Bilstein B4? OEM Porsche? Not looking for anything beyond factory.

Thanks in advance.

Riccardo said:
Hello,

I am considering, based on initial suggestion from my indy, to have my rear shock absorbers replaced.

From initial research I understand that Bilstein UK (oem supplier) can refurbish these. This would have a huge saving on cost!

Has anyone gone down this route?

Also, in case of alternatives, what should I replace with? Bilstein B4? OEM Porsche? Not looking for anything beyond factory.

Thanks in advance.

Given the labour, and while you are in there jobs, geo etc, I went new Bilstein - exactly the same as OEM, from same manufacturer, but cheaper. Only problem is getting them - they are often on back order.

I recently bought a set of B4s from D911, so they have had stock in the recent past.

For the price it seems just as easy to fit new ones?

Thanks for the views. I called Bilstein UK and the refurb cost is £90 each. I believe that a new shock absorber is more towards £300 each? I assume that all the other labour/work that goes along with it is the same in either case, so still would be a consideable saving?

Btw, is it the B4 Bilstein that is the identical one as Porsche? (as opposed to B6, B8, B16... etc.).

Hey, no more opinions on this?

Would be great to at least have some feedback re B4/B6 etc Bilstein. Thanks!

It's my understanding that B4s are essentially the same as the Porsche dampers. B6's etc are intended to provide a different sort of ride.

Mine's a daily so I'm replacing my leaky dampers with B4's, although I also have PASM with the DSC controller.

Have Bilstein UK indicated how long it would take? I would cerainly consider doing this myself rather than buying new
I personally think its a no-brainer, £90 each to rebuild v £250 odd each for new, as long as you have the time to enable them to be rebuilt and can cope with the car being unusable till they are done - some dont have that luxury as the car is a daily driver. :thumb:

https://www.design911.co.uk/fu/prod...in-B4-REAR-shock-absorber-26-147543-VA7-E754/

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back