Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Numerous plate changes - should I be worried - alarm bells?

wilpert

Ok paranoia maybe but I just did an HPI check on the car I have been excited to collect tomorrow.

Warning flagged up several number plate changes.

In the life of 4 owners (I though it was 5 so thats the good bit).
The plate has been changed loads of times, its been the original then a change so many times and some of them were the same person or family as it was just 3 digit registrations, e.g. (but not the actual number plate of course) AB1, then back to original then AB2, then back to original then AB66 etc. sometimes just for a couple of months.

Why would somebody do this and does it mean something could be wrong here.
In total it has had 8 registrations other than the original one so if you count the swap overs each time its something like 24 registrations but of course I know that most are where it has gone back to original.

All else stacks up, MOT mileage, finance clear, accident clear etc. but those plate changes WHY?

I wouldn't worry eg I know someone who has several 1x1 plates, he moves them between cars for fun (and often has the same plate on more than one car :roll: )

It just says to me that someone who had the car had plenty of disposable cash :thumb:

jonttt said:
I wouldn't worry eg I know someone who has several 1x1 plates, he moves them between cars for fun (and often has the same plate on more than one car :roll: )

It just says to me that someone who had the car had plenty of disposable cash :thumb:

I just did a search on reg transfers and the plate cost 35k but he took it off and put it back a few times so now he must be selling the plate. or she - all i can say is they start with AB

I've got '981GTS" for sale in case you forget what your driving :grin:

Just did a search on Reg transfers and one of the plates which is now for sale is 175K wtf

Then I looked at the others and they ranged from 55k to 175k
Could this be a celebrity?

wilpert said:
Just did a search on Reg transfers and one of the plates which is now for sale is 175K wtf

Then I looked at the others and they ranged from 55k to 175k
Could this be a celebrity?

Who knows, and what if it is? Can't see how it changes the standing of the car that you have bought. Only has the one VIN doesn't it?

There is a whole other world out there, as mentioned before I know a guy with 7 figures easily wrapped up in private plates and they are all worth a lot more now than what he paid for them :wink:

No probs I thought everyone changed every few weeks :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back