Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

oil pressure staying at 5

timbo1811

Hi everyone, my oil pressure gauge started to play up on a 4hr drive to Suffolk. Once the pressure reaches 5 it stays there, switch off let it tick over works as normal, increase revs to bring up oil pressure, stays at 5. I suspect sender unit, anyone agree and know where it is located?

timbo1811 said:
Hi everyone, my oil pressure gauge started to play up on a 4hr drive to Suffolk. Once the pressure reaches 5 it stays there, switch off let it tick over works as normal, increase revs to bring up oil pressure, stays at 5. I suspect sender unit, anyone agree and know where it is located?

Sounds like it for sure. It would be located here and theres a nice DIY guide too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTEm9c5ANEc

Part seems to be about £60

DH
are you a mechanic by trade or are you like MisterCorn and an extremely talented individual?

My Indy recently changed my faulty sender unit for the same reason.
The unit was £65 from the OPC and 1/2 hrs labour.
You ideally need a crows foot spanner and it's easier if you slightly drop the engine for access.
All good now
:thumb:

thank you guys

KJD said:
My Indy recently changed my faulty sender unit for the same reason.
The unit was £65 from the OPC and 1/2 hrs labour.
You ideally need a crows foot spanner and it's easier if you slightly drop the engine for access.
All good now
:thumb:

good news!

FZP said:
DH
are you a mechanic by trade or are you like MisterCorn and an extremely talented individual?

I have wielded a fair few spanners in the past 25 plus years including jobs/project cars/engine builds etc but my main claim to fame is a long term kit car project that I never seem to get round to finishing :grin:

Tech ventures/software development industry is my business ; spanners are a nice escape from the stresses of the business. My wife thinks I'm crazy :dont know:

i'll just add my voice to the list that says it's the sender unit .

19 mm crows foot ( open end NOT closed around the end ) , about a 6 inch extension on a 3/8 ratchet will get the job done .. well lets just say i did one as a waiting job last week and that's what i did anyways .

i will say i used a longer ratchet than normal but i'm only little :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back