Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

new service book

LSDFJ00

Trainee
Does anyone know if these are still available?

I thought Porsche had just announced that they were being reprinted, or maybe that was just owners manuals.

Robertb said:
I thought Porsche had just announced that they were being reprinted, or maybe that was just owners manuals.

I saw the article about all the owner manuals, but not service books.
It's still worth just contacting OPC and ordering one - might be a long wait, or they might just check stock at other depots....I know they do that for other parts?

service books are available to order, i got one a year or so ago, i did have to wait some time, i think porsche wait unitl they get enough orders to make a print run.
J

what would be the process to get them restamped by the previous dealerships if so?

Would our service records be on computer?

I know another OPC can see all of the UK OPC service record but I don't know how far this history goes back given how 'old' our cars are

I bought a car last year. Service book was lost.
Went to easy London Porsche and they got me a replacement within a few days. Looked up the history and stamped it up to date.

Order from OPC. Price is eye watering IIRC for what it is! :roll:

C.

These used to be around £10-£15 from memory. How much are they now?

adrian993 said:
Would our service records be on computer?

I know another OPC can see all of the UK OPC service record but I don't know how far this history goes back given how 'old' our cars are

Sadly the service records are on several computers that can't actually talk to each other as they are operated by several dealer franchises. If you're lucky your car may have been kept within one group but otherwise it'll take several phone calls and visits.

Whether early 993 services would pre-dates the computer records ......... :dont know:

wilpert said:
Went to easy London Porsche and they got me a replacement within a few days. Looked up the history and stamped it up to date.

How many years of service record was this? And was it all with the same dealer?

adrian993 said:
wilpert said:

How many years of service record was this? And was it all with the same dealer?

Good question, as the car was just 3 yrs old it had only had one service from the dealership I went to, who happened to be the original supplier. So it was quite simple.

The new data protection laws make it hard to get service and history info on cars because you don't get names and details of former keepers. I've always contacted former keepers where possible to get a bit of background on a car but not so easy now.

cableguy said:
AndyS said:
Dream911 said:
These used to be around £10-£15 from memory. How much are they now?
Just checked - it was £11.50
Cheap as chips..... :D

Wow! My OPC quoted me £40+ a few months ago... :eek:

C.

That sounds like a huge increase!
I ordered mine in August '17 at OPC Chester, and it came in November '17

Attachments

• invoice_737.jpg
    invoice_737.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 10,447
  • service_book_135.jpg
    service_book_135.jpg