Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Austria F1 = Lewis v The Kidz

T8

Super Moderator
After last weeks absolute snorefest I'm really looking forward to tomorrow.

Lewis starting behind CleC, Max, (Bottas) , and Lando should give a real taste of many battles to come in F1.

It was a shame about Seb's problems but the Ferrari is fast enough for him to challenge for a podium from 9th.

Great to see 5 different makes of car in the top 6 too :thumb:

It must be a fantastic circuit to be at with it only being a 63 second lap. I'm not sure I'd fancy it in the forecast 35 degree heat though.

Roll on 2.10pm tomorrow. :Dance-Tap:

There is always hope but I suspect that after the 1st lap that will just about be the finishing positions

Luckily I am just headed out to the circuit having also been there the last two days. Equally fortunate to be in the main stand which means in the shade. I am staying 200 km away and the journey each way is on fabulous roads through the hills, with light traffic. A great circuit to be at.

Tyres will surely be an issue which could mix things up a bit more. Mid 50's track temperature and the teams have different tyre strategies. Ferrari start on softs, so how long will they last? And can Ferrari make their chosen race strategy work after some odd choices in previous races?

There are some big run off areas but big kerbs as well. Each of the top three teams lost a car in FP 3 which has not happened in a long time, if ever. What are the odds on LeClerk clearing off at the start, Valteri and Max taking each other off and Lewis giving chase? Or?..... Lots of potential interest so we just have to hope it doesn't fizzle out with the Stewards throwing penalties around every time someone tries a bit harder.

As an aside, the Porsche Supercup cars look and sound fantastic, but a shame there are no British drivers to support this year.

And away we go :)

I've just seen that Lewis has made it up to 4th without even turning a wheel. :grin:

Great race, even with the Mercs well off the pace, but it's so wrong that we've had the anthems, presentations, champagne, interviews and analysis and still don't know who's actually won. :nooo:

Still no announcement from the stewards which, regardless of their decision, is an absolute farce.

Their deliberations have now taken longer than the race took to run. :evil:

T8 said:
Still no announcement from the stewards which, regardless of their decision, is an absolute farce.

Their deliberations have now taken longer than the race took to run. :evil:

Probably waiting for 10,000 Dutch fans to leave the country before delivering the bad news.

This is going around on twitter...

Attachments

• 6f1da4cb_f3a9_480a_ac9f_70caccb7a70b_205.jpeg
    6f1da4cb_f3a9_480a_ac9f_70caccb7a70b_205.jpeg
    66 KB · Views: 7,384
Looks like this was wrong and he has kept the win.

Mmm - first time I saw it I thought that it was fair enough - from the overhead shot I thought that Verstappen forced him off the track.

Surprised in the current climate that he got away with it.

At last. :judge:

Personally I think the decision was right but would have understood if they'd ruled differently. My biggest concern is just how long it took. :nooo:

Ferrari keep getting the short end of the stick. In Canada, it was less clear cut and I would have sided on Vettels side 60/40.
In this incident it was clear that CL was wheel to wheel and MV bumped him off. 70/30 to CL.
2019 will be remembered as the worst season in a long time. Although it was the best race of the year.

Best race in a long, long time. A great shame for Ferrari and LeClerk but Max drove a brilliant race and I am glad the stewards deemed their clash a racing incident. No one wants it to turn into a BTCC demolition derby, but they have to be allowed to take some chances.

Even as a long time Lewis fan, it was fantastic to see Red Bull and Ferari have the upper hand and make a real race out of it. Great effort by
McLaren too.

They did not fare so well in the legends supercar parade. The McLaren Senna burst into flames at the start of the main straight! Quite a spectacle.

I thought I saw you on TV John with an orange T-shirt on.....but that must have been 50,000 other people... :grin:

Great racing by Max and a pity Charles le C couldn't hold on... I'm now perfectly primed for the four Silverstone events coming up in July and August..including F1, Classics, my Porsche experience day and the WEC, :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon
Back