Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

USA road trip blog link & 993 3.8 engine build review

^^ :)

Until now, I've had no appreciation of the effort that goes into blogging.

:dont know:

http://aircooledbug.co.uk/badlands-south-dakota-to-denver-colorado/

L1040379_BAD_6_web-1024x683.jpg

L1040409_BAD_9_web-1024x683.jpg

What a tremendous adventure, the photos on your blog are outstanding.

I am very, very envious. Many years ago, I had the chance to drive solo from NYC to LA and then up to San Francisco. It revealed a very different side to the US that many people never get to see, the solitude of driving through parts of such a vast country was both eerie and relaxing at the same time.

You've given me food for thought as the shipping costs were not as horrendous as I thought they would be

And your comment from your huge drive here sums it up perfectly.

M&MD&D said:
What a tremendous adventure, the photos on your blog are outstanding.

I am very, very envious. Many years ago, I had the chance to drive solo from NYC to LA and then up to San Francisco. It revealed a very different side to the US that many people never get to see, the solitude of driving through parts of such a vast country was both eerie and relaxing at the same time.

You've given me food for thought as the shipping costs were not as horrendous as I thought they would be

Have you taken a drone with you? If not how did you get that aerial shot?

Albionmuz said:
Have you taken a drone with you? If not how did you get that aerial shot?

Yes, I picked up a DJI Spark just before I left and then found them to be much cheaper in Target and Walmart when I got here! :wall:

That shot in Colorado was the first proper flight other than on the driveway making sure it worked.

Absolutely brilliant, I think you have really captured what its like. I spent couple of week in Denver / Colorado and its one place I would happily move to. We took a pass like you, from Breckenridge and it was twitchy bum time in a crappy SUV rental nevermind a 993. Keep it up, really makes me want to go on a roadtrip. :thumb:

This is, IMO, the stand out thread of the year.
Thank you tyinsky. :worship:

this is amazing. so amazing that I'm trying to see when I should make time in my life to do this once!

how long is your planned roadtrip scheduled to last?

pzero said:
This is, IMO, the stand out thread of the year.
Thank you tyinsky. :worship:

2nd'd!! :salut: :salut: :salut:

coullstar, M&MD&D, pzero, Alex, adrian993 - thank you!

Adrian, almost 7 weeks total, or 7 total including the flight days and picking up the dog. You could do it in a month, we have over a week in Palm Springs and two weeks in Tennessee which is what has stretched it out.

A more efficient way would be to pick the car up east coast, somewhere like Charleston, and drop it west coast, somewhere like San Pedro (LA). That way you don't have the double back loop we are doing. Badlands and Mount Rushmore also added days as they are north.

Blog running a bit behind as the days are so long. Been amazing so far.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back