Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

4 years on. What now ?

Or modify what you have. Love the look of this one with the BBS and painted side skirts. Doubt I'd be able to resist remapping it. :food:

bren-porsche8.jpg

I would agree with Phil 997, I think at the moment that is the sensible move. Sit on a known quantity for the time being and see what happens post brexit. A few thousand extra miles to someone who knows these cars is not going to make any difference.

T8 said:
TonyC911 said:
I have seen several 991's moving / listed privately at under £48k recently. This also seems to be reflected in recent dealer cars. IMHO the 991 still has a way to go down and could start to hurt 997 Gen2 cars... but that's just my opinion!

Were the private cars 3.8's :?: Even if they were I'd expect them to be 10% cheaper than dealer cars.

Regarding the 2 Dove House cars, 1 is sub-£50k because it's done 61k miles and the other at £53k is typical of a 53k mile car and (imo) ott given that interior colour.

Just spotted this dealer car, not top spec but reasonable, very low mileage and good value - https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201903095723079?

That's very cheap with that mileage.

TonyC911 said:
Just spotted this dealer car, not top spec but reasonable, very low mileage and good value - https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201903095723079?

That is a very good find Tony. :thumb:

It doesn't mention service history which could be the reason for the low price :dont know:

It wouldn't be for me as (a) I'd never buy a black car (b) I don't like the 991 sunroof and (c) I'd want paddles. Obviously (c) wouldn't be a show-stopper but (a) and (b) would. Thanks anyway.

T8 said:
TonyC911 said:

That is a very good find Tony. :thumb:

It doesn't mention service history which could be the reason for the low price :dont know:

It wouldn't be for me as (a) I'd never buy a black car (b) I don't like the 991 sunroof and (c) I'd want paddles. Obviously (c) wouldn't be a show-stopper but (a) and (b) would. Thanks anyway.

With a number of cars now falling to this price bracket, I think I will likely be tempted to trade-up to a 991S later this year... I think they are amazing value! :?

T8 said:
My quandary now is whether to (a) leave the 997T on the market and wait or (b) to put my search for a newer car on hold for 12-14 months and get on with enjoying the delights of a 997 turbo all over again.

It' s often said that 'absence makes the heart grow fonder' and, after nearly 6 months apart, I'm starting to realise that this might be the case for me and 'Red'. The only reason for me deciding to change in the first place was that after nearly 4 years and over 21k miles the time just felt right. It wasn't an easy decision to make and it took quite a while for me to come to terms with it.

Perhaps fate is keeping us together. :dont know:

Just as an update for those that hadn't heard.

After collecting 'Red' following our 6 month separation I quickly went through the 70k barrier which I found to be a tremendously liberating experience.

After that mileage didn't seem to matter anywhere near so much so going to Dinslaken in May was a no-brainer. On that trip I realised that no replacement I could justify buying was going to give me all I crave from a 911 so my decision (for 2019 anyway :D) was made.

1,000 effortless miles added in the last week on my trip to North Wales has underlined that decision as being the right one.

72,400 miles are now showing, summer fun is still to come and a trip to The Alps is planned for the end of September. Fingers-crossed the rear tyres due to be replaced next week is all she'll cost me in the next 4 months so my 'cost per mile' will tumble too.

Thanks to all for 'listening'. :thumbs:

The correct decision I think, enjoy.

T8 said:

After collecting 'Red' following our 6 month separation I quickly went through the 70k barrier which I found to be a tremendously liberating experience.

After that mileage didn't seem to matter anywhere near so much so going to Dinslaken in May was a no-brainer. On that trip I realised that no replacement I could justify buying was going to give me all I crave from a 911 so my decision (for 2019 anyway :D) was made.

1,000 effortless miles added in the last week on my trip to North Wales has underlined that decision as being the right one.

72,400 miles are now showing, summer fun is still to come and a trip to The Alps is planned for the end of September. Fingers-crossed the rear tyres due to be replaced next week is all she'll cost me in the next 4 months so my 'cost per mile' will tumble too.

New rear pads and a precautionary new battery (the old Moll was 4.5 years old) were all that was required before setting off on my aforementioned trip to The Swiss Alps.

1,673 miles in 6 days and a subsequent trip to Precision Porsche for a well deserved detail has taken the mileage to 75,222.

She came back from PP looking prettier than ever meaning that my quandary still remains. Even in the current market values of the 991S seem to be holding up well and in the last 12 months I haven't seen 'the one' that would tempt me to stump up an extra £10k+.

My 911 season is nearly over so I've got 4 months or so of deliberating, pontificating - and driving anyone that knows me potty to come. :)

She's not looking bad for 12.5 years and 75k miles old is she?

:cloud9:

T8 said:
T8 said:

New rear pads and a precautionary new battery (the old Moll was 4.5 years old) were all that was required before setting off on my aforementioned trip to The Swiss Alps.

1,673 miles in 6 days and a subsequent trip to Precision Porsche for a well deserved detail has taken the mileage to 75,222.

She came back from PP looking prettier than ever meaning that my quandary still remains. Even in the current market values of the 991S seem to be holding up well and in the last 12 months I haven't seen 'the one' that would tempt me to stump up an extra £10k+.

My 911 season is nearly over so I've got 4 months or so of deliberating, pontificating - and driving anyone that knows me potty to come. :)

She's not looking bad for 12.5 years and 75k miles old is she?

:cloud9:

Stop pontificating and buy a 991 Turbo! YKIMS :grin: There's a lovely Guards Red one at AUV in Leicester, and it will take the temptation away form me :thumb:

What a lovely problem to have.

Just had a quick look on Autotrader and I think the cost to change to something 'special" is likely to be closer to £15k.

Only you will know if that sum is worthwhile. Fortunately you have a few months to think about it.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe-nee-g
Back