Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996.1 cab C2 manual

Neil, are you at Precision today? I may pop over to have a look this afternoon if you are?

I love these seats, my mate has Poles in his Rs4 and they make such a difference as you say. My only concern is I do take the kids in mine so rear access is needed. Ive thought about just going drivers only as it is only me 90% of the time but then it would look odd with the front seat as your photo demonstrates.

Maybe the poles would blend in a little better but mine being all black it might work.

How have I missed this?!

I have never ever looked at a 996 cab in the way I have yours, it looks great and the work performed on it is second to none, simply amazing dedication, I suspect 99% would have jumped ship on the PPI!

Superb looking car with amazing attention to detail, perfection!

If this car ever ever ever ever comes up for sale, please contact me! Silver Porsches are my thing and I have never owned a 996 and certainly a car where I would struggle to find something to improve or clean!

Just wow, seriously impressed! :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

steve1 said:
Great thread, nice looking car. at the beginning you have a cab roof rack, will the soft top go up and down with the rack in place.

probably a silly question.

Perfectly reasonable question and the answer is no - you need to take the rack off to cycle the roof. You are not, I suspect, meant to have the roof down with the rack on - but it's such fun I couldn't resist.

MarkGolf said:
How have I missed this?!

I have never ever looked at a 996 cab in the way I have yours, it looks great and the work performed on it is second to none, simply amazing dedication, I suspect 99% would have jumped ship on the PPI!

Superb looking car with amazing attention to detail, perfection!

If this car ever ever ever ever comes up for sale, please contact me! Silver Porsches are my thing and I have never owned a 996 and certainly a car where I would struggle to find something to improve or clean!

Just wow, seriously impressed! :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Thanks! I know why people don't like cabs, but they're such good fun.

Good work Neil, I'm pleased you've finally got your desired result.

Good choice of seat too. GT3 seats with their large tops would look strange in a cab.

:thumb:

Tomorrow for the cars and coffee event thing - if I have got the dates correct

Ah didn't realise. Thought the only one was 6th April. Couldn't go as it clashed with the Members Meeting at Goodwood.

Hi Mark- I agree, the Cobras cowl aspect of the GT3 chairs is iconic but would have looked a little odd in a cab.

The other thing is that you couldn't have ordered the car with them but an SPG would have been available/reasonable.

A silly thing, but there you go.

I'm going to add the Porsche crest to the seat along with heating elements, undecided but suspect I'll stick with the fabric finish as it matches the gear lever gaiter, handbrake and steering wheel.

great job :thumb:

I'd be tempted to replace the passenger one to match & have them both covered in leather.

After pouring over the thread, & admiring your work I'm looking forward to seeing the car in the metal tomorrow at precision

48243023801_e7910df8cd_b.jpg

48243022646_1d95de7c27_b.jpg

Literally a duplicate of Mister Corns post, but wanted to have this info in my thread also as we're working together on the engine project.

Behold the shiny!

In other news I went past 70,000 miles today, which means I've done just shy of 10,000 since I bought the car three years ago.

What will the mileage be when the new engine goes in?

Yep, 100mm bore Hartech engine cases, and 100mm pistons, which with a 3.4 crank will build into a 3.7.

The engine cases are new, as is the crank ladder and crank, so it's the final/997 style IMS bearing.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back