Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What did you buy your 993 this week ?

AndyS said:
andyobro said:
I have done the same on mine, but cut the hole in my original non targa hand brake surround to fit the switch/surround. The RS compartment is so useful for wallet and keys etc, my fav mod and fairly inexpensive when modding the handbrake surround. :thumbs:

The parts I bought

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bsc2C3jFXC1/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

The compartment and the switch installed

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bsyf0LYF606/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

Cheers Andy :thumb:

I've ordered the switch surround today - so will get back on this at the weekend....
Tell - how did you go about extending the wires for the switch?

I'll be moving the sunroof switch and it's 4 pretty thick wires, so probably need some slick connectors with the new RS cubby taking all the free space.

Also - it looks like you've kept the spoiler switch.....are you sunroof-less?

Hi Andy

Yes, non sunroof car.

I used 2 pairs of connectors (the spoiler is only 3 wires if I remember correctly) to install an extension cable, idea being that the extension be easily removed in the future if ever wanted to revert back to standard position of the switch. There's enough room behind the cubby for the connector.

Cheers Andy

Re: A few jobs done.

Barryn said:
Then last week I had the steering rack off and rebuilt by WPS (Western Power Steering) in Bristol. Great service, and now the steering feels better than ever.
Had my PS Pump serviced and a new seal kit fitted by Precision a few months ago, rather than a ££ new unit.. Saved by a BMW Seal Kit no less..!

A new Bosch battery. What is it with 993s and batteries. I have a Lexus I can leave for two months and it starts first time. The Porsche struggles on anything more than 3 weeks. I was surprised that after 3 days on a Ctek it showed fully charged but wouldn't even turn the engine over. Battery was just over 4 years old. Given how old the car is and how few things need battery power on it, I am shocked at how quickly it discharges a battery.

Check all the lines through there's an illegal leech. The ignition lock makes also sometimes problems - is very complex, we have also had to search sometimes for a long time :eek:

8)

Attachments

• s_l1600_23_606.jpg
    s_l1600_23_606.jpg
    258.5 KB · Views: 2,269

kingroon said:
Barryn said:
Then last week I had the steering rack off and rebuilt by WPS (Western Power Steering) in Bristol. Great service, and now the steering feels better than ever.
Had my PS Pump serviced and a new seal kit fitted by Precision a few months ago, rather than a ££ new unit.. Saved by a BMW Seal Kit no less..!

I'm interested to know what symptoms you had which made you go down this route?, have you details of the BMW seal kit?,

Trev

Cameltoe & Heel said:
I'm interested to know what symptoms you had which made you go down this route?, have you details of the BMW seal kit?,

Trev
Hey Trev,

It was leaking, and I didn't want to spend money on a new unit, so opted for a refurb.. Porsche sent the wrong kit twice, before Andy at Precision did a bit of Internet Digging and found that the BMW seal kit was a perfect fit..!

Trantorman said:
I take it that's the set of speedlines Ex Ebay, which look good value, so well played :thumbs:
:wink:

kingroon said:
Trantorman said:
I take it that's the set of speedlines Ex Ebay, which look good value, so well played :thumbs:
:wink:

Nice buy and on the money IMO. :thumb:

If using rims as a daily, get a hard ceramic coat on the lacquered lips as as soon as a chip penetrates, there's no going back from moisture ingress.
I've run unlacquered lips on my Speedlines for nearly four years and with regular washing and wheel wax top up they still look as good as the day they were refurbished.

C.

cableguy said:
Nice buy and on the money IMO. :thumb:

If using rims as a daily, get a hard ceramic coat on the lacquered lips as as soon as a chip penetrates, there's no going back from moisture ingress.
I've run unlacquered lips on my Speedlines for nearly four years and with regular washing and wheel wax top up they still look as good as the day they were refurbished.

C.
Thanks 8)

And thanks for the Care advice too, although these will not be used as a Daily.. My 993 is becoming more and more focused as a Sunny Weekend Warrior..!

My Daily Driver is..

Attachments

• whatsapp_image_2019_06_22_at_100522_890.jpeg
    whatsapp_image_2019_06_22_at_100522_890.jpeg
    158.7 KB · Views: 2,159
Swiss and Austrian vignette along with toll fee for Grossglockner Pass and gallons and gallons of fuel. Epic road trip. Last leg back to euro tunnel from Waimes, later this morning.

Millomboy said:
Swiss and Austrian vignette along with toll fee for Grossglockner Pass and gallons and gallons of fuel. Epic road trip. Last leg back to euro tunnel from Waimes, later this morning.

Please tell me you have pics on the Grossglockner?

Trev

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclassicauto
Back