Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

2001 C4 project car

Hopefully!!! I'll find out when I get my hands on them.

MC

I popped in to see Alex last week as I was up there, they looked good to me MC :grin:
I`ll be back up there on Thursday if you need me to pick anything up for you while I`m there :thumb:

Can i ask a question as im seriously confused .. i'm the first to admit mods and me just dont work , too many years fixing the standard cars im afraid .

You are fitting 6 throttle bodys instead of one .. does this allow better air flow to individual cyls ?

I assume the maf will be fitted to a pipe where the original throttle would have been but i'm struggling to see a difference 6 throttles will make over one large one .. and the adjustment for each would need to be perfect.

A lot of work and parts to gain something the system already does ?

Best i can think of is air flow for each cyl would increase a small amount but this is way beyond what i can get my head around .. sorry .

Also thank you .

I'm far from an expert, but:

- Throttle response, with each throttle butterfly positioned very close to the intake valve, is very sharp
- You can run much lumpier cams than with a single large throttle
- The ITB butterfly is 50mm wide, which gives an area of 19.63cm per throttle, or ~118cm in total
- A single 82mm throttle gives an area of 53cm, less than half that of the ITB's
- They sound awesome
- If you can see them they look extremely cool
- You'd normally run alpha-n with ITB's, rather than have a MAF in the airflow

Dammit said:
I'm far from an expert, but:

- Throttle response, with each throttle butterfly positioned very close to the intake valve, is very sharp
- You can run much lumpier cams than with a single large throttle
- The ITB butterfly is 50mm wide, which gives an area of 19.63cm per throttle, or ~118cm in total
- A single 82mm throttle gives an area of 53cm, less than half that of the ITB's
- They sound awesome
- If you can see them they look extremely cool
- You'd normally run alpha-n with ITB's, rather than have a MAF in the airflow

Thank you .. it helps but ..

- You'd normally run alpha-n with ITB's, rather than have a MAF in the airflow .. i have no idea what that means

Sorry, alpha refers to throttle angle, n is rpm - essentially you map the car on a dyno so the ECU knows, for a specific throttle angle and engine speed, what fuel and spark is required. You also need to know air temperature/density, so you can fuel accordingly.

It removes the MAF from airflow, meaning that when the butterflies are fully open there's nothing in the way of the airflow.

Aghhh you remove the maf and use a TPS to take its place with a set map in the dme .

Im guessing dme for altitude , its in built , ambient air temp sensor covers the temp .

clever .

Thank you .

Great thread - I've just read all 40 pages and I'm both in awe and quite jealous! :worship:

The info in this thread is first class for the rest of us.

I love it :thumb:

Thanks for the kind words guys. Progress has been a bit slow recently, things are going on in the background on the engine front, and hopefully soon on the bodywork, but nothing fun to share. I'm up to my elbows in doing an air con overhaul on an old Merc whilst the garage was free.....

I have put together a short video of my attempts with a stud extractor on the M96 engine exhaust studs. I'll do another one for using the Stomski jig when that arrives.

MC

Edited to update link to new version of video.

Thanks for the note on the video, I'll check that when I get a chance and correct it. It was a Laser impact stud extractor.

I might get the smaller one as well, to try on the stud that this one was slipping on.

Things are happening on the bodywork finally.

MC

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanjf
Back