Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

LA Power Bluetooth Installed

Thanks for the info on this thread and to those guys who got in touch to answer my questions on this.

I bought this unit from Amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07BR2ZZCY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and had it fitted in Coventry by the very helpful Tee at Porschawerks https://www.porschawerks.com

It's hooked up in place of the CDC-4 (6 CD changer in the boot) and plays perfectly music via bluetooth from phone. It also has a microphone for the phone which in the end was positioned at the top right of the window frame on my 996 C4 cabriolet.

The CDR23 just shows CDC on screen but it's music & phone coming through. The scan knob on the right enables me to change tracks or accept an incoming phone call. It all works a treat but most importantly to me the original kit/facia on the dash is untouched & original and there are no stray wires anywhere.

FYI - having had a discussion with Tee we decided not to locate the microphone behind the OEM grill on the dash because the mic. on the bluetooth set was a different shape and not easily manipulated (it would have required cutting away parts of the dash grill).

I am going to buy and fit one of these to my 996. It currently has Porsche PCM2 Display, Navigation and Radio / CD player, 6CD Changer and BOSE. I am guessing it will work out the box?

Are the instructions ok to follow or is there any YT videos that i can follow to install?

Thank you,

Phil

Does this work if your CDR23 has NO CD changer ?

...I installed one; easy if you have the CD changer as you can take power from the changer...if you don't have a cdc then you can take switched power from the cig lighter wiring...identified via a multi meter...one is permanent live the second wire is switched which is what you want...

Really excellent unit with excellent sound quality through my Bose system; I opted to route the mic through the bulkhead, drilled a hole in the oval trim blanking plate to the right of the steering wheel and fitted it flush...unobtrusive and works perfectly :D

Thus have kept the stock cdr23 factory look but with fully functional bluetooth :thumb:

Thanks for this GMG. I contacted the company in Australia that distributes these units and they say that it won't work with a CDR 23 WITHOUT a CD changer. If you DON'T have changer (as on my TT) it won't install and you have to drive to a OPC to get the system to 'think' there is a CD changer first. And then it may not work anyway. That is a 4 hr return trip for me.

So this unit may not work on all cars?our

...that's a shame Merv...as this is a really excellent Bluetooth solution for those of us that want to maintain the factory stock look...

I have just bought one of these and started to fit it.
can anyone confirm the cable at the changer that they used for the positive power supply? I cant get my multimeter probes in the plug to test and don't want to cut the plug off if I can help it.
TIA

Thread revival! :D

I have installed the Mr12Volt version of this device in my 6.2 which had MOST, Bose, and a changer - but NO phone prep.

It all works in terms of connecting to the phone, streaming, and playing from the SD card. My problem is that none of the phone actions can be done from the PCM, although they work from the phone. So I can receive and make a call using the handsfree but only if I use the phone interface. The phone buttons etc on the PCM just flash up a message "Phone not available".

Other people in this thread seem to have their PCM phone answer/hangup buttons working via the bluetooth module? Logically this functionality can only be sent to the BT module over the fibre loop then, so it is not that I am missing any wiring in my original non-phone car.

Anyone have any idea if this is just something I need to enable via coding?

For those whose phones do interact with the PCM - what do you get when you press the 'phone' button on the PCM2? Again, I only get 'phone not available'.

Cheers

Teffers said:
Now all I need to figure out is why my n/s speaker starts 'farting' and popping after about ten minutes of bass heavy music (Teenage son and rap music). It's fine again when I come back to it after a break - strong bass and great sound but after a while it goes again. Reckon it's a problem with the M490 amp, any ideas? :dont know:

:thumbs:

BTW - it was the amp, sent it to Cartronics who fixed it :thumb:

Slight thread bump......

I have a 996.2, PCM2.1, Bose, no Tel prep, a frunk mounted 6 cd changer and an iphone 11. I Installed Mr 12V in place of the CD changer, fired it all up and although bluetooth steaming works fine all I can do is next track and back track on the HU. Somethings not quite right, but I am struggling to work out what.

Clues :)

1/. No track information is displayed on the PCM
2/. Track always says its playing track 2 of 1 no matter how many songs I have scrolled past in spotify or amazon music.
3/. No telephone is detected
4/. HU only highlights CD1 when I press CD as it plays BT music from my phone.
5/. I have tried pressing CD twice quickly, slowly, using available info pressing the buttons I am supposed to but I cant change it.
6/. DIP switches 1 & 2 ON 3 and 4 to OFF

Any help or clues would be gratefully recived.

TIA!

Dave

...my 996 is now tucked up until the spring so from memory ( I have bose and same set up as you) you move tracks forward and backwoods via the right knob on the stereo...turn it to change tracks...worth a try?

I tried that today GMG, but does nothing on mine, but thanks for the suggestion anyway :)

Mr 12V has blue and red LED's lit, but even after setting the DIP switches to what is printed on the back of the unit (differs from the manual for some reason) still no joy.

However, I may have been a doofus as poking about more its seems the car does have a phone module (says insert SIM when the 'tel' button is pressed) doh. I do not have the option code on underbonnet sticker though hmm.

Logic tells me I have to loop the fibres going to and from the phone unit under the drivers seat somewhere to remove it from the PCM. I will try this and report back here in case it helps anyone else.

Cheers

Dave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back