Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

WANTED Schroth 996 GT3 Clubsport harnesses.

Slippydiff

Imola
As per the title, I'm looking for a passenger side (I assume they're handed ? or a pair) of secondhand, out of date, 996 GT3 Clubsport harnesses.
Will also consider new items if sensibly priced.

Many thanks.

They aren't handed you can swap which one stays fixed to the buckle 👍🏻

Are you looking for the 4 or 5 point version. 997 ones fit the same and some come with the 2inch uppers for FHR/HANS which I find more comfortable than the full 3 inch wide versions

The ones in the link will not work without modification to the car.

The anti-sub strap fits differently in 996 to the 997.

96 are loops which fit to a bar under the seat, not ideal, in the 97 they added threaded points in the floor to attach to, I have modified my 96 to take the 97 harnesses as I feel its a much more secure/safer solution.

Turbojim997 said:
Are you looking for the 4 or 5 point version. 997 ones fit the same and some come with the 2inch uppers for FHR/HANS which I find more comfortable than the full 3 inch wide versions

Not quite - if you are buying OE harnesses with a Porsche part number the 996 and 997 are different parts but both are 6 point with rotary buckles and 3" belts. Harnesses with 2" HANS belts are available in GT3 fitment direct from Schroth suppliers (note though that you have to buy the whole thing - they don't just do the shoulder belts separately) but they aren't the official part as supplied with 997 Clubsports. Note also that it is still fine to use 3" belts with Schroth HANS devices (I checked with Schroth back before I bought my HANS). They also have a push button version of their harness buckle instead of the usual rotary, but I've never seen that fitted to a porker.

Ah good point I think my FHR ones are just Porsche figment maybe not OEM part numbers.

I just found the 3 inch versions bunches up in my FHR. I have the Simpson Hybrid. I also read an article about the merits of 2inch over 3, I think by Schroth themselves 🤔

Thanks all. I'd prefer an original 996 set or just a passenger side harness if at all possible.

crash7 said:
The ones in the link will not work without modification to the car.

The anti-sub strap fits differently in 996 to the 997.

96 are loops which fit to a bar under the seat, not ideal, in the 97 they added threaded points in the floor to attach to, I have modified my 96 to take the 97 harnesses as I feel its a much more secure/safer solution.

Thanks for this :thumbs:
Did this involve drilling the floor and using plates such as these to bolt the harness straps to ? :

https://www.demon-tweeks.com/uk/rac...ompliant-harness-bolt-stress-plate-dtmsplate/

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanjf
Back