Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tyre inflator - anyone use one of these...

Good spot, the one from carparts for less is the same one

Good value at £19

I obviously got discount from Eurocarparts but not 50%😬

Barryn said:

Good value at £19

Would you buy it again and does it give an accurate reading? That's one downside to analogue pressure gauges! If yes and yes I'll go for it.

Fed up with having to go to the petrol station for air for our cars, hence on the lookout for one for home. Difficult to find one that's well reviewed universally... :what:

I got one of the Michelin units and a TPMS from Steelmate. Easy to use and small, so I've put the OEM inflator away in a safe place and carry the new one. The pressure readings on the Michelin always agree with the Steelmate display which sits neatly & unobtrusively on top of the centre console in front of the gear lever. Fascinating to see pressure rise/fall with tyre temp. Was so impressed by TPMS that bought a cheap Chinese version for wife's car and that seems to be just as good (at a third the price and actually has temp sensor too).

Is no-one still using the original Porsche one...?

ch3tman said:
Barryn said:

Good value at £19

Would you buy it again and does it give an accurate reading? That's one downside to analogue pressure gauges! If yes and yes I'll go for it.

Fed up with having to go to the petrol station for air for our cars, hence on the lookout for one for home. Difficult to find one that's well reviewed universally... :what:

I will have to do comparison against my standard gauge.

I will report back 👍🏻

gunner said:

The one in my 993 doesn't have a gauge so I'm in the market for one that does.

Tested this afternoon

Tested the compressor on my Boxster spare wheel today, the car car is new to me so I'm working my way though it, tyre pressure was twenty psi (should be sixty) it's twenty years old and looks like it's never been out of the car or checked. 😬

Anyway to confirm the accuracy of the compressor against my good gauge,

Compressor gauge = 50 psi
Standard gauge = 49 psi

Compressor gauge = 60 psi
Standard gauge. = 60 psi

So perfectly acceptable accuracy.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo