Welcome to 911UK
The only place for Porsche, 911uk is the definitive enthusiast and resource site for the Porsche 911.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so join up today for full access to the site and benefit from latest member offers.

Porsche Classifieds
Sell Your Porsche on 911uk
Create a Free Classified Advert
Search Ads
Classified Adverts FAQ
Trade Classified Information
Buyer & Seller Fraud Protection
Consumer Rights Act
Pre Purchase Inspection (PPI)
Porsche Car Sourcing
Porsche Cars Wanted
Official Porsche Centre Reviews
Model
Stock
Porsche 911
991 : 2011- 21
997 : 2004- 71
996 : 1997-2005 36
993 : 1993-1998 2
964 : 1989-1993 3
Carrera 3.2 : 1983-1989 2
Carrera SC : 1977-1983 1
930 Turbo : 1975-1989 0
Early 911 : 1964-1977 0
Porsche Other Models
Classic : 1950-1965 0
Boxster : 1997- 25
Cayman : 2005- 13
Cayenne : 2003- 2
Macan : 2014- 2
Panamera : 2009- 2
912-914-924-928-944-968 2
959 - CarreraGT - RaceCar 0
Car Parts For Sale & Wanted
Other Items For Sale & Wanted
Wheels Tyres For Sale & Wanted
Number Plates For Sale Wanted

Porsche Services
Porsche Body Shop Repair
Paint Protection & Wrapping
Porsche Classic Insurance
Porsche Classic Parts
Porsche Classic Restoration
Porsche Design Collection
Porsche Engine Gearbox Rebuild
Porsche Heritage & History
Porsche News
Porsche Picture Gallery
Win a New Porsche 911

Porsche Parts
Body Parts, Body Styling
Brakes, Clearance
Electrical, Exhausts
Engine Cooling, Engine Electrical
Engine Rebuild, Heating Cooling
Interior Incar, Lighting
Rubber Seals, Service Parts
Steering, Suspension
Transmission, Workshop Tools
Early 911, 911 - 930, 928 - 968
964 - 993, 996 - 997, Boxster
Cayman, Cayenne, Panamera

Porsche Model Range
911 [991] 2011-Current
Porsche 911 [991]
911 [997] 2004-Current
Porsche 911 [997]
911 [GT] GT1-GT2-GT3
Porsche 911 [GT]
911 [996] 1997-2005
Porsche 911 [996]
911 [993] 1993-1998
Porsche 911 [993]
911 [RS] RS-RSR
Porsche 911 [RS]
911 [964] 1989-1993
Porsche 911 [964]
911 3.2 1983-1989
Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera
911 SC 1977-1983
Porsche 911 SC
911 [Early] 1964-1977
Porsche 911 [Early]
Boxster & Cayman
Porsche Boxster & Cayman
Cayenne & Panamera
Porsche Cayenne & Panamera

911uk Site Partners

Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
Phil 997
Le Mans
Le Mans


Joined: 05 Dec 2015
Posts: 15263
Location: Bournemouth,Dorset

2009 Porsche 997 Carrera 4S

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Floor Floor Hi Shabs , hope your well mate and enjoying the gen2 , I cant imagine Alex would charge much and to be honest as with your gen1 if he needs a go pro (which I think he might) then he's very open to a big discount on the fitting and you can drop into mine for a coffee on the way through Thumb Thumb give him a call Very Happy and thanks to both you and Max for your kind words re me getting you all to spend your hard earned on mods Grin Thumb
I have a fabspeed carbon competition induction kit coming next week to give me something new to discuss Grin It will be interesting as I always advocated the OE airbox on the gen1 but the gen2 has big rain outlets on its airbox so cant be as true cold air as the gen1 was hence me now looking at other induction options, anyway enough of that and back to better gas exit rather than more air in Grin Thumb
_________________
911 Owners,Some Invest In The Future,
Others Enjoy The Moment Today.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
shabs
Monza


Joined: 28 Mar 2014
Posts: 182
Location: Teddington


PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil,

Absolutely love the Gen 2....the 4s is so much more planted too, I will hopefully be speaking to Alex about this in the next few days, once its booked in we are definitely having a catch up mate, I can't wait!!
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Phil 997
Le Mans
Le Mans


Joined: 05 Dec 2015
Posts: 15263
Location: Bournemouth,Dorset

2009 Porsche 997 Carrera 4S

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shabs wrote:
Phil,

Absolutely love the Gen 2....the 4s is so much more planted too, I will hopefully be speaking to Alex about this in the next few days, once its booked in we are definitely having a catch up mate, I can't wait!!


Perfect Mate keep me posted, Agree the 4S does stick to bends, had a guy in the car going to a meet he has a RWD and was supprised at the speeds I went into corners on a wet road , I said to him the AWD gives you a lot more confidence Thumb Thumb
_________________
911 Owners,Some Invest In The Future,
Others Enjoy The Moment Today.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
badbox
Newbie


Joined: 31 Oct 2017
Posts: 49



PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

easternjets wrote:
I bought the Sharkwerks off one of the members on here, for a Gen 2 Turbo.

It's the mutts!! No remapping, no intrusive drone in the cabin although there is a slight growl when you accelerate gently in 7th and it doesn't change down. My only gripe is the cost for what is basically 2 mtrs of hollow pipe!


is there any difference in sound or air flow performance from this x pipe style and say the Millets 180 degree bend one

I though the whole point of x pipe was to have no restriction of airflow and to straighten out the 180 bend from original exhaust but I see that topped and millets one still has the bend
_________________
Targa 4S 997.2 PDK
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Phil 997
Le Mans
Le Mans


Joined: 05 Dec 2015
Posts: 15263
Location: Bournemouth,Dorset

2009 Porsche 997 Carrera 4S

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

badbox wrote:
easternjets wrote:
I bought the Sharkwerks off one of the members on here, for a Gen 2 Turbo.

It's the mutts!! No remapping, no intrusive drone in the cabin although there is a slight growl when you accelerate gently in 7th and it doesn't change down. My only gripe is the cost for what is basically 2 mtrs of hollow pipe!


is there any difference in sound or air flow performance from this x pipe style and say the Millets 180 degree bend one

I though the whole point of x pipe was to have no restriction of airflow and to straighten out the 180 bend from original exhaust but I see that topped and millets one still has the bend


Have a read of sharkwerks and fabspeeds site as they both have differing views on which is best Xpipe or cross over Thumb Thumb
_________________
911 Owners,Some Invest In The Future,
Others Enjoy The Moment Today.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
badbox
Newbie


Joined: 31 Oct 2017
Posts: 49



PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have already booked my car in for a Miltek x pipe but seeing it still has a 180 degree bend on both sides put me off as I was expecting the x shape style pipe . Will there be any difference? has anyone fitted the miltek?
_________________
Targa 4S 997.2 PDK
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
badbox
Newbie


Joined: 31 Oct 2017
Posts: 49



PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually Miltek have just released an updated version of their x pipe and it is now in the for of an X shape so happy days...ill be going for that
_________________
Targa 4S 997.2 PDK
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Magic919
Suzuka


Joined: 05 Jun 2013
Posts: 1166
Location: Berkshire


PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard that Milltek just ripped off the Sharkwerks design. That’s what Sharkwerks posted on the subject.
_________________
997.2 C4S PDK
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Phil 997
Le Mans
Le Mans


Joined: 05 Dec 2015
Posts: 15263
Location: Bournemouth,Dorset

2009 Porsche 997 Carrera 4S

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

badbox wrote:
Actually Miltek have just released an updated version of their x pipe and it is now in the for of an X shape so happy days...ill be going for that


Do you mean Miltek are now doing cross over pipes instead of the XPipe design Question
_________________
911 Owners,Some Invest In The Future,
Others Enjoy The Moment Today.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Phil 997
Le Mans
Le Mans


Joined: 05 Dec 2015
Posts: 15263
Location: Bournemouth,Dorset

2009 Porsche 997 Carrera 4S

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magic919 wrote:
I heard that Milltek just ripped off the Sharkwerks design. That’s what Sharkwerks posted on the subject.


Grin yes it seems the gossip is that ABP brought a sharkwerks set and sent it to miltek to copy for ABP to retail cheaper nooo Sharkwerks dont seem very impressed by this as it was an exact copy inc the clamps which was only used by them.
_________________
911 Owners,Some Invest In The Future,
Others Enjoy The Moment Today.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
spongebob squarepants
Zolder


Joined: 20 Dec 2009
Posts: 5308
Location: Manchester and Iraq


PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My man mind is struggling to understand the benefits of fitting a pipe the same shape as the original mess up Dont know

Surely crossover pipes must be the way to go Confused
_________________
991 C2S PDK with X51 430 powerkit in racing yellow, PCCB, PDCC, PSE, Carrera S alloys, Sports design package with ducktail.
“Herman yellow, the last of the naturally aspirated”

EX 997.2 Carrera 4S PDK
EX 997.2 Carrera S PDK
EX 993 C2 manual in guards red
EX 997 C2 gen 2 PDK
EX 993 Targa
EX 993 Carrera 4 manual
EX 996 3.4 Cabriolet
EX 986 boxster

 
  
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
   
squelch
Nürburgring


Joined: 05 Jun 2016
Posts: 463
Location: Bucks


PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spongebob squarepants wrote:
My man mind is struggling to understand the benefits of fitting a pipe the same shape as the original mess up Dont know

Surely crossover pipes must be the way to go Confused

Strictly speaking the crossover pipe is a more direct route for the gases to flow, but flowing through "U" bend of this diameter is hardly restrictive - it's more about the sound deadening in the silencer being eliminated. And it's hardly fudge being pushed through the pipes!!

Having spent many years sourcing machined and fabricated parts and assemblies for aerospace and motorsport, I think the prices for some of the crossover pipes is pretty steep- I can understand paying strong money for a full system, but for a couple of bent pipes some of the prices quoted are just obscene.

Interestingly the Topgear product is the only one I've seen which has a small link tube connecting each side of the "U" - presumably further reducing back pressure.
_________________
From Stuttgart: 997 GTS, 997 GT3 (Kermit)
From Munich: 535d M Touring
From Bologne: Ducati Superlight
Gone but not forgotten: 996 C4S, 964, 924
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Phil 997
Le Mans
Le Mans


Joined: 05 Dec 2015
Posts: 15263
Location: Bournemouth,Dorset

2009 Porsche 997 Carrera 4S

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

squelch wrote:
spongebob squarepants wrote:
My man mind is struggling to understand the benefits of fitting a pipe the same shape as the original mess up Dont know

Surely crossover pipes must be the way to go Confused

Strictly speaking the crossover pipe is a more direct route for the gases to flow, but flowing through "U" bend of this diameter is hardly restrictive - it's more about the sound deadening in the silencer being eliminated. And it's hardly fudge being pushed through the pipes!!

Having spent many years sourcing machined and fabricated parts and assemblies for aerospace and motorsport, I think the prices for some of the crossover pipes is pretty steep- I can understand paying strong money for a full system, but for a couple of bent pipes some of the prices quoted are just obscene.

Interestingly the Topgear product is the only one I've seen which has a small link tube connecting each side of the "U" - presumably further reducing back pressure.


I think your right my cargraphic does have a join pipe on the X as well but they are even too silly a price to list on here lol . The idea so I was told was to add a merge collector this helps with back pressure and gives some very nice crackles and pops on overrun as the gasses merge Thumb Thumb
_________________
911 Owners,Some Invest In The Future,
Others Enjoy The Moment Today.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
John H
Nürburgring


Joined: 13 Sep 2011
Posts: 426
Location: Cheshire

2011 Porsche 997 Carrera GTS

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FZP wrote:
I wish I could find the thread where someone said they had confirmation from Porsche GB stating that the bypass wouldn't void the warranty.


I posted this email I received from Porsche GB in January 2016.

Dear Mr H,

Thank you for your time earlier today, as requested please see the below content.

Porsche Warranty guidelines stipulate that the addition of any after market parts added to the vehicle will cause the warranty on that particular system to be void, in this case the exhaust system.

I must also advise that if you wish to extend your warranty further this will not be possible as the addition of the after market part will not meet the criteria of our Porsche 111 Point Check.

I understand the above may be met with disappointment but provides a clear understanding of Porsches position.

Thank you for contacting Porsche Cars Great Britain Limited."

Kind regards

Lloyd Harries
Customer Assistance Advisor
Porsche Cars Great Britain Limited
customer.assistance@porsche.co.uk
Tel: 0118 919 1744


This clearly clarifies that only the exhaust system will be excluded for warranty purposes, as opposed to my OPC's view that it would be totally voided!

This was just before I had the SharkWerks by-pass fitted to my GTS...
_________________
"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Phil 997
Le Mans
Le Mans


Joined: 05 Dec 2015
Posts: 15263
Location: Bournemouth,Dorset

2009 Porsche 997 Carrera 4S

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect John , Thats the letter we were refering too, thanks for reposting it Thumb Thumb
_________________
911 Owners,Some Invest In The Future,
Others Enjoy The Moment Today.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
askgeez
Barcelona


Joined: 05 Apr 2015
Posts: 1474
Location: Essex


PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love my Fabspeed X pipe Bandit
Really howls around 4K revs.

My gen1 with PSE , CAI induction tube and BMC filter was louder most of the time , but it was a manual car, so tended to drive in the lower gears Grin

Good to read that letter from Porsche ...
_________________
997.2 GT3 coupe Manual (03/19 >)
911 SC Targa Manual (04/19 >)
997.2 GTS coupe PDK (06/17-02/19)
997.1 C4s coupe Manual (04/15-06/17)
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
arifg
Trainee


Joined: 25 Dec 2017
Posts: 79
Location: Hertfordshire


PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot John. I have forwarded this to Porsche Leicester. Will update when I get a response from them.


John H wrote:
FZP wrote:
I wish I could find the thread where someone said they had confirmation from Porsche GB stating that the bypass wouldn't void the warranty.


I posted this email I received from Porsche GB in January 2016.

Dear Mr H,

Thank you for your time earlier today, as requested please see the below content.

Porsche Warranty guidelines stipulate that the addition of any after market parts added to the vehicle will cause the warranty on that particular system to be void, in this case the exhaust system.

I must also advise that if you wish to extend your warranty further this will not be possible as the addition of the after market part will not meet the criteria of our Porsche 111 Point Check.

I understand the above may be met with disappointment but provides a clear understanding of Porsches position.

Thank you for contacting Porsche Cars Great Britain Limited."

Kind regards

Lloyd Harries
Customer Assistance Advisor
Porsche Cars Great Britain Limited
customer.assistance@porsche.co.uk
Tel: 0118 919 1744


This clearly clarifies that only the exhaust system will be excluded for warranty purposes, as opposed to my OPC's view that it would be totally voided!

This was just before I had the SharkWerks by-pass fitted to my GTS...

_________________
Black 2011 Porsche 997.2 Turbo
Black 2009 Audi R8 V8
Black 2016 BMW X5 3.0 L
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Driver77
Newbie


Joined: 01 Dec 2017
Posts: 20



PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was there any follow up from Porsche Leicester on the letter from Reading. Going to show to my OPC tomorrow.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic   All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum